Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drop everything to move to a MMJ state.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Weedpack, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Hey everybody, I wanted to get some other opinions about my idea. So I am 18 and medicate with crohn's daily, however I don't live in a MMJ state, so prices are very expensive for me. I just picked up a half o for 170, and that will last me about 10 days. I want to just drop everything here(which isn't much). And move to a MMJ state for better prices and protection. Im broke as fuck right now, so if I moved I would try to get a job anywhere I can and work full time. Maybe live on the street if I had to until i had money for rent. Am I crazy for thinking this way? :confused: Thanks for your feedback!

2. Yes you are crazy for thinking about living on the streets. You need to get everything set up before you go. If you don't have any income, and aren't saving money, how are you going to have any money? You need some money to help you get started there. Also, after you have some money saved up, look on craigslist and look for a job and housing. There are alot of things to think about before moving somewhere, and living on the street is definitely not something you want to do my friend. This is a very dangerous world, especially living on the streets.

3. Sorry to hear that. My fiancé has pretty aggressive Crohn's so I'm aware of how bad it can be :(

If you are going to do that I would highly recommend researching extensively. For example I live in a mmj state but one that doesn't allow dispensaries so prices between legal and illegal medication is the same pretty much.

I'd also recommending looking into growing your own medicinal supply. That way you never have to worry about paying for it and you can get the strains that work best for your symptoms.

Good luck

4. Do it up dude, just check up on the states you're going to first. I moved to a MMJ Province in Canada, Vancouver, and it has been awesome. When I first got here I spent about 3 weeks living in my car, but that was due to struggling finding a place where as I basically just threw my shit in my car and took off. I did find a job in about a week though, best job I ever had aswell which is why I say check up on the place. Vancouver is an amazing place, with a bunch of jobs, and it has dispensary's. Best choice of my life. Note: It wasn't even bad living in a car for me eathier. I saved up some money I guess, so food was cool. Than I used Good Life Fitness for showering. Also I was walking around so much during the day going places I'd pass right out in my car, wake up and be ready for the day.

5. #5 Hypoxic, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    I have a buddy who's bro did almost the same thing but in a much larger us city. Until I met him and talked to him I would have never supported or understood the desire to do it that way. But I learned some people just thrive that way. He got a mini van and had a nice simple existent in the greatest city in the world...and wasn't paying $3000 rent bills. He did have one guy break in while he was asleep in the back, he woke up and the guy freaked out cause he had no idea someone was in the car. My friends brother talked to the guy and offered to get him some food/clothes and stuff so he didn't have to steal, the guy was pretty thankful and put everything back and apologized.

With that said, it's very dangerous and you have to be honest with yourself about the risks. I'd hate for OP to do it on a whim and end up in a really bad situation with no help and no contacts locally.

Also op keep in mind why you want to move...to get better meds for a serious chronic medical condition that unfortunately puts many suffers in the hospital no and than. What happens if you get out somewhere and have a flare up and have no family support, no friends, no job, no place to go and recover, no insurance...you need to have plans in place to address a Crohn's flare up because that stress will make your symptoms worse in the short term...I've been living with someone that has had it since late teens and has gone through no less than 12 surgeries and it still kicks her ass, no way she'd be ok living on the streets.

6. Do it if you are ready. Best thing to do would be lining up a job first and finding a place to stay. Do some research on where you wanna move to. Good luck.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

7. #7 Weedpack, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    Thank you for all the intelligent replies! I love this community :smoking:
    I'm just going to address everybody in this post, instead of quoting it all.
    I am fully aware of the risks that come with this decision, I do grow my own meds, but run out of supply between harvest. In my mind this decision isn't any more dangerous because, at any moment I could get my house raided and lose it all, plus i put everyone at risk in the household too.
    I wasn't even planning on buying from dispensary's, I figured I could find a good hearted grower that could hook me up.
    That is my biggest desire to move, because I know with cannabis I will not have a flare up. I know whenever i feel ill, if I just up the dosage, it works every damn time!
    I'm sick of running out of meds and living in paranoia. I just want a constant supply of cannabis so I can get on with my life.
    EDIT: If and when I do decide to move, It wont be until spring cause its too damn cold now!

8. Don't bank on finding a grower that quickly. Even in legal places people still like to keep it on the dl and stay safe, at least from my experience.

I think your a little off about the risks tho. Yeah you could get busted but it's fairly unlikely if your not growing to sell. On the flip side, living out of your car it'd take one wrong person wanting to steal your car and you could very easily end up shot/stabbed/dead. To me that's like comparing apples to oranges on the risk front.

Maybe take a trip out to somewhere youd like to relocate too and do some in person evaluation of the area and resources?

9. Screw Living that way ....stay where you are, and grow your own, you should have done that long ago

10. If ya read the whole thread he does already grow his own, that's why he wants to move to a medically protected state ;)

11. Its is best to have enough money for moving expenses plus three to six months of living cost before relocating.

Personally, i would grow my own. Then take the $170 per half ounce your paying niw and put it in an account. Basicly, become your own dealer. After six months to one year you would be able to move more comfortably.

Even in legal states most growers arent just going to give weed away. It can definetly be had much cheaper.

12. If I was in your position and had nothing holding me back I would b gone n a sec ! You only live once and u should enjoy it and do what makes u happy

13. You should check out Oregon man, everyone is very outgoing around here and you can do so much stuff stoned its amazing, espiecally if you're an outdoor type of person

14. You're 18 - in your head it's a great time to live on the streets.  How do you think that bodes for your Crohn's ?  First flare-up with you in a box, cold and broke and weedless ................... 

I get that you're desperate and seeking a way to better manage your life with this disease.  The thing is - if the first decision you make is to toss it all and live on the streets (if necessary) - you haven't reached the maturity level to make any decisions at all (that will succeed). You owe it to yourself to come up with a reasonable plan that works, and be willing to walk the walk those steps require.  

Crohn's sucks - so does chronic back pain, MS, cancer and every other affliction this marvelous plant can address.  If you're beaten down and desperate, we completely "get it".  But if the morning after you're dead serious about changing your life path - I encourage you to write down a plan.  Bounce THAT off the community.  The effort you put into it will not go unnoticed and people will take you far more seriously and be open to sharing their wisdom, support and experiences.  

It will also demonstrate that you are an adult, ready for others to risk taking a chance on (hiring you, renting to you, directing you to weed).  And that's what it sounds like you're looking to attain ........... I hope you can grab it and soar your first time out.  :)  

Kushie