Drooping leaves and yellow tips..haalp!! ((PICS))

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TEC09, Feb 23, 2017.

1. So I'm about 6 weeks in and was about to move the plants into a tent with a 400w mh bulb until I noticed yellow leaf tips and some drooping top leaves. The plants have been through some stress but always recovered. The drooping and the yellow tips scare me. The plants appear to be showing sex as well but as this is my very first grow I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I have taken pics of all 3 plants one is just a seedling. Please look at them and give me feedback. If the gender is apparent please let me know. They are under a 54w flourescent bulb. Constant fan air. Humidity fluctuates between 45 and 65 is at 61 now. Temp is varied between 68 and 81. Only one feeding with nutes but afraid the tips might been nute burn because the light is not hot. Using advanced nutrients micro,grow and bloom. Water ph is 7.0 soil ph is 7.4. Many thanks in adavance.

Attached Files:

2. too much nutes not enough light

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. Will a 2x5 tent with a 400w mh bulb help turn them around? I have a 1000w mh bulb but that thing is massive for that small tent and it gets ludicrously hot.

4. High TEC09

Can't tell sex from any of the pics you have. Look for tiny, fuzzy white hairs poking out of any bumps near the junction of the leaf stem with the main stem. They almost always show there first. I just found some on one of my two Golfish CBD plants and pinched the top to force side branching to get clones.

A lot of strains get brown tips like yours have but if it was nute burn the tips along the edges will start browning too and I don't see any of that. The edges will start curling up as well.

Your 400 will work great. I have 4 of those and have been using them for 16 years. Three HPS and one MH. Start those with the light about 18" above and lower it a couple inches every 2 days down to about 10 - 12" as they get used to it.

• Like Like x 1

5. Thank you for the info about sexing. I am afraid I'll have a male and miss it and screw up any females I was fortunate enough to have. If not nute burn what is your best guess as to the issues with the tips? I They have been stressed twice but recovered. The first time they encountered stress I accidentally lost my grip on the light pulley and the fixture pictured fell on them which bent the main stem a little at the top but caused no cracks,splits or breaks. The second time is when they went without light for a little over 24 hours due to my fluorescent tube dying on me while I waited for the new bulb to arrive. Could either of these scenarios caused this? Can't be overwatering as the soil is still slightly moist.

6. If its not light burn or nute burn "im not an expert so dont take what i say and do it right away let some more ppl comment on it first" but i know if it needs nitrogen the leaves yellow and curl down wards and if it needs calmag they yellow and curl up wards

7. Had the same problem but leaves curled up and i added some calmag an next day they looked perfect

8. #8 LabRat, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Neither of those scenarios would cause a problem. Do the leaves look different when the lights first come on? My top ones look a little droopy at the end of the day and perkier in the morning.

Don't fret about a male showing up. It's a couple weeks after the flowers begin to form before they are ripe enough to blow their loads.

They don't look bad and with the new light and maybe a bigger home to grow in they should come around nicely. I'd get some pH down as the soil pH should be around 6.5 but with the AN pH Perfect nutes it shouldn't really be a problem. High pH can lock out micro-nutrients present in the soil tho. When that happens the newest growth is usually affected first. Low N, P, K, Mg and Zinc are mobile nutes and when they are lacking the new growth can steal if from the old growth like the big fan leaves so they do things like turn yellow or get brown blotches etc. Everything else are immobile nutes and when they are lacking the new growth can't steal it so it starts screwing up while the older growth still looks fine as they got theirs locked in.

I've never seen CalMag change the shapes of the leaves and it's not the magic bullet a lot of people think it is. With soil there's always some there and the nutes have both in chelated forms that are easily taken up by the plants. I add about 1/4 the recommended dose every 3rd watering or so in my soilless/soil blend just to be safe but have never seen a deficiency in Ca in any of my plants in 16 years. As Ca is immobile new growth.

Figuring out deficiencies is one of the hardest things to suss out. Often the nutrients are there and the pH is out of whack. There's always a few other things to look for than just one main symptom and that's where a good grow bible comes in handy.

I found a great spot to download FREE POT BOOKS. I downloaded a grow bible first and got lots more. Books looks great and complete like the real ones I have here. No web site but just
    a page of links. Just right click on what you want and then "Save Link As" to download so they don't open first as manyare 50+ megs. They got lots. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Manufactured drugs are easier than growing cannabis. So much trial and error then again I had my biochem degree long before I first batch cooked but no education in botany..so... meh. I have learned a lot about plants in general since starting to grow cannabis. I hate myself when I kill one of these plants as they are so beautiful. I hope I get the full hang of this soon!

• Like Like x 1