Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kmc420, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hi all , I am going on vacation from MA to VA to visit family. I will be going up with my grandmother (she will be driving) my 6 year old & my fiance . My fiance wants to bring weed not alot only like 6grams ONLY for use when we get to the destination . I was wondering thoughts on driving with it in the car , with my child .It will be sealed in a mason jar in his luggage in the trunk. TIA

2. If it's out of sight, out of smell,out of mind and you drive normally and don't act suspicious I wouldn't worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I checked all the possession laws for all the state's we would be going through. I'm not sure if my grandmother is going to go through new jersey turnpike or Pennsylvania Turnpike but both of those states are incarceration for possession. But RI , CT , N.Y. Delaware & Maryland are just fines. My biggest concern is my daughter being in the car. It will be out of reach and sealed tight and stuffed away in his luggage bag. The other thing that worries me is even thought it's in the trunk , it's a hatch back vehicle , I don't know if that makes a difference.

4. If you are so concerned, leave it at home. When I travel, it's usually weed free.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Traveling by myself of course I'll be smoking papers and driving at the same time. Traveling with family, eh, I see it as a tolerance break opportunity. I'd love to bring it, just not worth the hassle. Anyway, since I've been legal (21+), we've pretty much just visited Colorado, where I can purchase it in a shop.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would take it. If the cop stops your grandmother for some driving violation, he's not going to ask to search the car. He has no probable cause. He would need a search warrant. You have to have probable cause to search the car such as having weed on your grandmother's breath when she talked to the cop. Leave it out of sight out of mind, packed away very well and you'll be fine.

7. Personally, I don't take anything with me on trips out of state. Medical patients have different needs than I do, but I figure I'm in real trouble if I can't go a few days without smoking.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Does your Grammy have dreads and a tie dye peace sign in the window of her car? If not I wouldn't worry. Just don't do stupid shit and it comes down to, no cause no worries.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'd wrap it up and hide it better. But you should be fine 100% if you follow speed limits and the other laws. The only way you risk blowing your cover is getting pulled over. And you shouldn't have to worry about that if you just go the speed limit

10. 6 grams is not going to get you into much trouble, if it is found, and the cop just doesn't like you. If you don't speed or violate any traffic laws the odds of you being stopped are negligible. If you are still concerned, put it in a smaller, odor proof container somewhere on you or your fiance. The chances of getting a pat-down search are nil.

Make sure though that all your lights are working, nothing worse than being pulled over for a broken tail light and asked a bunch of questions, like "do you have any narcotics on you?"

11. Let's not forget he said his grandmother would be doing the driving. Let's hope she drives like a grandmother and they shouldn't get stopped.

12. Lets hope she doesn't rear end a school bus.

• Funny Funny x 1