Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving while stoned

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Acid Raindrops, Apr 26, 2010.

1. #1 Acid Raindrops, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    Who does it and thinks its okay? Who think's driving and being stoned don't match?
    What are some of your experiences? Maybe when you first started driving and got high and had a bad or close experience..etc.

I'm 19, got my first car a week ago. Had to wait until 18 to get my license. Well, from my experiences in the last week, driving a little high isn't bad especially in the day time, I drove pretty good on 4/20, but the other night have a roadie in a friend's car I had to drive my friend then myself home after smoking a couple dank blunts and a lot of bowls, I was just sketched out most of the time and it was effecting my driving, especially when this black car was driving next to me with for like 3 minutes messing with their dome lights and staying along side me, thought it was an undercover, lol.

2. I like driving while stoned but only at night when traffic is thinner, usually I just put on some music with a high bass and let it take me in. However, I tend to swerve a little bit (not too much, just within the lane), so I try not to do it too often.

3. @BeastsInc, I'm from the other side of orlando...Cocoa Beach area. I love driving high, it's AMAZING when i put on some gucci mane and its banging through the L7's.....I don't usually get paranoid while driving high. But when i see an FHP car i do lol, fhp scares me.

4. I usually put some Bloody Beetroots, LMFAO, or something to that effect on when driving. FHP are crazy as well, I've been followed by one who ended up busting some guy who was driving directly in FRONT of me (but that was in Orlando)

5. Yes. Seem to be more carful, obey speed limits and signs more, stay away from congestion.

6. Know your limits.

7. #7 Anubis578, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    ---

8. After a few trips out, you will get used to it.

9. I do it all the time. It is usually dark and rainy when I have to drive really high. I have only had one instance where I was to baked to drive and that was the first time I ever smoked dank weed and I hadn't smoked for very long.

10. I drive better high. I actually drive the speed limit lol.
    Unless its a joint, cuz I drive a manual, and if the cherry falls in the seat then i'm really screwed :wave:

11. I legitimately contend that I'm a better driver stoned, if only for the fact that I'm going to be driving a lot more carefully, and be a lot more conscious of the laws of the road, because I will not do anything to get me pulled over while I'm driving high/riding dirty.

12. I just cruise along and follow the rules of the road.
    A few decades ago I drove on LSD, and that was crazy! Nothing is that full of hallucinations! lol
    I like to pretend that my car drives itself, and I just am sitting there calmly controlling it. It takes me back home, always! I am usually relieved to be home and off the road.

I am so lucky that my husband drives me to most places that I go. I don't have to worry about how stoned I am! :smoking:

13. I was driving home high once from a friends and was pretty high and my friend got me to smoke some more right before I left. I was driving another friend home and it was a really bad snowstorm. We drove into his neighbourhood which I didnt know well at all and the area is like a maze so once we got there I was tripped out driving back and there was this flashing red light that wasnt a stop light hanging above some side street that tripped me out a lot. overall though it was really fun even though I got lost.

14. i drive horrible high, but nobody notices bc im such a good driver that even when i drive like shit im still driving better than anyone else.

:cool:

:bongin:

15. I would say that if you don't think you can... then DON'T.

Personally, I try not to drive high, because I suck sober. But I don't mind too much if my trip is mostly highway. Nothing like driving in a straight line. nice and simple.

16. +rep for sense

As with ANY drug, if you know how much to take and when to stop if you plan on driving you're fine. But don't be in denial about how much it affects you either.

17. Driving on the highway is one of the rare occasions when I try to not drive high. That's the one time when I want my reaction rate to be as quick as possible, you just never know with some of the idiots on the road.

18. I try not to drive while I'm high....Its just a pain in the ass with a standard I would end up forgetting to shift of something lol

19. First off, Acid Raindrops is a great song
    secondly, if you think you arn't that great of a driver normally you will jsut be paranoid and won't be a good driver(thats me unfortinatly)
    thirdly, make sure you keep the passangers inline if they are distracting you.

20. Driving under the influence of any mind altering drug is wrong. If you were by yourself in the sticks on an ATV or jeep is one thing, but when other people are on the road with you, you need to be mature about it and not DUI.

What if someone who was high ran into and killed or paralyzed your brother or sister? Was it not okay for them to drive while DUI but okay for you?