Driving Stoned

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by InfernalSavior, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Anyone else find that they drive ten times better when they're stoned as opposed to being sober?
    By better, I mean safer. Not speeding, not switching lanes constantly, etc. I usually race other cars when I drive sober and can't get enough speed, but medicated I always find that I concentrate a lot harder on driving safely. Probably because I don't want to draw attention to myself. It's also nerve-racking too, knowing that you're baked when you're behind the wheel. I don't particularly like driving stoned, but sometimes I just get into those situations where I end up having to.
    Thoughts?

2. Same here. But i tend to not pay so much attention to where im at and get lost alot lol

3. I love driving high. I'm an extremely good driver either sober or high, but i find i like to smoke while going on a drive to make it go by faster and enjoy music better. Sometimes it can be distracting being high though, and thats where you might have problems driving not even realizing it.

4. If im SMACKED i dont like to drive cause i tend to day dream alot and slow down.

5. Such a better driver medicated. Until you see a wreck and bawl your eyes out on the drive home. True story.

6. I feel like i drive perfect when im stoned. But then i always forget where i am and think im lost but just keep going and usually end up where i im trying to go lol

7. When stoned I drive as if I have a driving instructor, or family member with me. Very Carefully! Never put others at risk with stupid driving. If you want to risk your own life, then thats you, do it alone.

8. yea i love driving high but this weekend i got so fucked up like i was greening out and i had the spins. its happened before so im just like whatever. " dont you hate not saying no to hits" i really dont remember driving home but yea its probably my favorite thing to do. get in my 350z blast some shy glizzy, wiz, or chief keef or some other gbe rapper.

9. i'm seriously such an asshole when i drive sober.

10. if youre good with your vehicle driving stoned is no biggie

11. depends on the person/person's brain. From my experience myself and my friends drive the same or better while blazed. Somethin with the awareness I guess

12. yes I drive way better and follow the law since I don't want to get pulled over and I'm thinking about that constantly. As well it feels like I'm really just controlling a Spaceship....

13. I love driving high and listening to hip hop right after hotboxing, it's a relaxing feeling, that is until someone cut's you off and you start flipping them off and following them comming to realize its an off duty cop

14. I make people feel like they may die at any moment when I drive sober. Stoned I usually ask my passenger if I have 1 to help look for speed limit signs. Not because I'm afraid of getting caught speeding.... but because my natural instinct is to go about 5-10 mph slower than the speed limit when stoned, so need reminders to speed up.

15. I'm apparently in the minority. I'm not bad at high driving and I definitely drive slower but I also feel like I don't concentrate as much. I always get that feeling like when you text and drive and just completely forget what you just did. Its hard to describe, sorry if that made no sense.

Pretty much I'm better in some ways but worse in others. Overall I think I drive better when I'm sober though.

Smoking on long trips is awesome though, the time fucking flies. I drove from NY to SC last month and had a nice high the whole way, I'll definitely be doing that again.

16. So stressful high, I mean if I'm just buzzed no problem but baked as fuck and driving doesn't work for me. I always think about how bad it would be if I hit someone and constantly zone out.

17. i havent driven high since last year. only because this one time i was driving back from a party where i took 9 shots and got so stoned that i was told i went downstairs, sat on the couch and stared into the booming speakers until i got up and walked out the door. i left around 3am and as i was driving, i had no music on, i was talking to myself, and i thought i was seeing cop lights in the rear view. so i kept braking whenever i hit 50mph whilst myself act cool, dont even budge. after realizing there was for sure a cop riding next to me, i started crying for no reason and finally the cop passed me and i was just looking straight ahead crying like some broken heart. last week was the first time ive driven stoned since that horrible night and this time, its some winding road with amazing views of silicon valley.

18. 650 all day ;)

19. ohhh hell yeah

20. #20 BlowTreeAllDay, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    People who drive high are morons, and I used to do it. All I'm gonna say

edit: guy below me is evidence