Driving manual hard?

Discussion in 'General' started by jjsmit, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Well I'm switching from an automatic car to stick shift and I wanted to know how many of you think its hard to blaze and drive. Also is it easy to work high. I guess I will have to resort to blunts and jays. I'll miss the bowl though.:(

2. Only when my girlfriend is with me...oh wait were you talking about the difficulty of driving manual?

3. Once you get use to a stick you can do anything you did in an automatic.

Drive around your neighborhood at night to practice.

4. Is this a serious question?

:confused:

5. lol ^^

Nah man its not too difficult just make sure you get really good at driving sober first to where its natural, then while blazing you can either pull over or stay in your current gear, thats what i normally do. good luck :wave:

6. I learned on a standard so I can drive any stick I just have to get used to where the clutch lets go, Once you get good at it, its 2nd nature for you. I actually noticed my concentration going up when I had a stick shift.. almost like I wasn't feeling stoned or drunk anymore... you'll be fine

7. :ey:

But thanks for the replies, I'm kinda lookin forward to driving high after alittle practice because I think It'll be fun. I have a pretty fast car too.

8. Once you learn manual, its easy. Just be sure to learn sober. I used to get blazed and drive around and Im a better driver high

9. You can hit pieces with manual, just takes a tiny bit of practice.

10. i've only driven a manual high and it's not too hard, just gotta learn to drive it normally and should be able to do it fine high if you remember you're driving a manual

11. it's real easy to catch on to. I wouldn't try blazing & shifting gears right away though. Like others said, just practice till you're comfortable w/ it.

Once you learn stick, you'll never wanna drive an automatic car again :D

12. Yea, learning a stick for the first time can be a little tricky, so I would learn sober. My first time I kept stalling out, and I don't reccomend driving on major streets with other traffic until you're extremely comfortable with it. Just a suggestion.

And you should only be conserned with working and driving while high if you're deliberatly planning on developing a serious drug habbit. Which is fine, cool, whatever.

13. I'm getting the hang of it. Man Subaru Impreza WRX whips.

14. Pretty much.

Driving auto isn't anywhere near as fun or as.. I'm not sure; it just doesn't seem like I have as much control in an auto. Manual ftw

15. Its easy, and remember that 99% of people let the clutch out too fast and stall it their first time(i did and so did everyone in my family plus friends)

For first timers i just recommend driving around their block and to remember to let the clutch out slow and give it a little gas when it grabs.

16. I learned on a 2000 VW Jetta, and that was absolutely easy, because at the point that the clutch would grab it would also start moving forward...sort of like when you take your foot off the brake in traffic just to coast forward a bit. That made it hella easy to know when to gas it, and made it even easier on particularly tricky hills because with a steady leg you could keep the car motionless and ready for gas with just the clutch.

Then I learned on a car with a less forgiving clutch and had to re-learn how to drive a manual. It takes practice, but it's not hard at all.