Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by paulthepothead, Feb 18, 2015.

1. I love driving high, I'd go as far to say thay I drive a bit better when under the influence. Feels like I'm in a movie or something...

How is it when you guys are stoned as hell when behind the whip?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I used to think like that..but Im a little older now, and its not quite the same as it used to be. Its almost become overwhelming sometimes and gives me anxiety. I was driving just fine, but I felt that if something were to happen and cross my path I would be highly unprepared for it. Waaay too high.

I dont usually drive when im blowed out of my mind.

3. Sounds responsible enough.

4. I used to like it also, but I do think as I've gotten older it's become more of a panic and anxiety type thing when I do drive stoned. It was a lot more fun at 18-19 then it is at 24 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I think it's a bad idea, especially if you smoke while driving.  Stoners need to be responsible so we make a good impression on the public and get cannabis legalized.  An accident can be caused by someone else.  Not dissing you, mate, just an old timers opinion.  Drive safe!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nope, never did like it much. I'm very observant when I drive, and there're just too many things to keep an eye on; can't drift off into the buzz.

7. Wow, do you drive drunk too? What about after taking pain pills? Impaired driving is one of the most selfish things you can do. Hope you don't kill or maim anyone because you wanted to feel like you were in a movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I get anxiety sometimes when I'm high, not a good mix when driving.

I have a friend who passed out from smoking + low blood pressure, which wouldn't have been good behind the wheel.

It affects everyone differently. Sure anyone could pass out behind the wheel from lots of things, but why increase the chances/be prone to a DUI by smoking and driving?

I know 100% I can drive very good while drunk, but do I do it? Not a chance. Some people can, some people can't, so just make it illegal for everyone so the people who can't don't go killing people.

[​IMG]

9. Not going to lie, I do it some times.. never had an issue. Then again, I make sure I'm still coherent lol.

10. There's a certain point where it's nice to drive a tad stoned but as soon as I break that barrier it becomes a little much. I find it's hard to stay focused for long drives, I tend to over think and overcompensate for turns. Parking becomes a whole challenge with a new found depth perception while hazy.

...maybe I'm just a shitty driver in general haha!

11. I feel it really has to do with how comfortable one is with driving in general, and the location in which they drive. For example where I live the roads run through a rural area, which allows me to enjoy driving while high. However if I were to drive in a more urban area I would imagine myself becoming quite overwhelmed and nervous. Overall, I have never felt to high to drive, I honestly feel more aware of my surroundings when blunted.

12. lol lol
    Awesome

I laughed

13. #14 enjoyandlive, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  14. I had to go on a road trip with the girlfriend so I had a couple of bowls before I picked her up (she's hates it when I smoke) I rocked up at hers and she made me muffins and got me a dare iced coffee, was the best munchie feed for the cruise.

And taking my car for 4wd in mud or climbing dunes is the best after sesh!

15. I don't drive when i'm blitzed... but I love being driven places when I'm high though lol.

16. I get stoned and drive. Driving is basically an instinct at this point. I've driven the same routes so many times I can do it in my sleep.

Y'all need to learn how to read studies. That study says if you are high you are not more likely to crash than if you are drunk, It does specifically say you are more likely to crash when high.  This is copied right from the beginning of the study: "<a>25 percent</a> of marijuana users were more likely to be involved in a car crash than people who did not use the drug"

18. #19 enjoyandlive, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    yea just didnt add than being drunk. better article here

http://www.theweedblog.com/thc-drivers-not-more-likely-to-be-in-vehicle-crashes/

http://thehill.com/homenews/232086-feds-find-no-link-between-pot-use-and-car-crashes

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship

19. I think driving high if you're not distracted is fine if you're driving in a familiar place. However, if you're somewhere you haven't been in a while, or somewhere new entirely, probably not a good idea. High way too. A crash can happen just seconds after a freak occurrence, so I don't trust myself driving high if the conditions aren't stellar and if it there's danger around. Speeding is a big no-no high too.