Driving and smoking

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Coldgreenetea, Feb 25, 2010.

1. #1 Coldgreenetea, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Hello, I just want to ask if anyone has driven long distances while smoking weed. I am asking because I am on my way home soon (8 hr drive) and I have heard that people smoke weed while driving to make the long ride better. I dont mean pack a fat bowl and go cruising, but like take a hit every once in a while to stay focused on the road. The only problem I see is getting tired, which can be cured with a caffeine pill most times.

edit: I was also reading this article http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjp_faq13.htm which talks about marijuana use while driving. It says that THC was found in peoples blood. I thought that you couldn't actually test for THC, just the metabolites of THC. Something tells me that they are not giving out correct information.

2. when i went to college 8 hrs away, i would roll 4 blunts a blunt every 2 hrs i usually would smoke 2 and a half though because id put the blunt down half way through it, so really not really 4 blunts, but definitely better then a pipe... less distraction,

3. I would probably roll a joint or something, but there is a possibility I might make a "disposable" pipe, it saves a little on weed, and theres no paraphernalia afterward to get caught with. If I plan on doing this, I plan on only bringing a half eighth.

4. Every weekend I drive home(my parent's house a few hours away) with my buddies, we smoke a few bowls on the way, never been a problem

5. yea, i like blunts because i can pre-roll them, easy to hide, and i dont need to drive with my knees everytime i want to re-load my pipe...

6. Driving unhigh 8 hours VS Driving high 8 hours

7. Hell I roll up a joint for whenever I do a delivery (pizza driver). You better believe I would have at least 8 joints for an 8 hour drive

8. Yes. I drive while stoned. Everyday. Long cruise or just going to get a squishy.

If I was going for an 8 hour drive tomorrow no questions asked I'd be rolling up 4 doobs. Spark one every 2 hours or so.

Have you been high for 8 hours straight? Can you concentrate still after being high for 8 hours? That will be the biggest thing... if you know you've been high for 8 hours straight or not and can handle it.

9. That is what I mean. I only have 1.8g available. And I dont want to fall asleep or some stupid shit.

10. You can get 4-6 doobs out of that.

11. Yeah dude just as long as you dont roll fattys you will be fine. Also I probably wouldnt even smoke the first hour or so, whos to say that you have to be continuously smoking

12. exactly scott, like when i would leave my house to go back to college, theres only one road to get in and out of my town damn chain of islands... but the sheriffs always have like "road construction" going on and it forces everyone to go like 5 mph and they just walk k9's up and down the side of the highway... so istart the start the smoking when i hit florida city...

13. I drive high/stoned all the time. It's really not that hard, despite what the propoganda says. Just blaze up a joint and if you start feeling like you're too high to drive, simply stop smoking and relax.

If you feel like you can handle it, spark up. Driving high and driving drunk are totally different.

14. I've smoked and driven twice today. Nothing bad happened.

15. Don't drive like an idiot and you'll be fine I'd suggest blunts or joints, not bowls. Also make sure everything in your car is working right...the last thing you'd want is to get pulled over for some pullshit like busted taillight, or no tag lights or some shit like that.

But yeah make sure everything's working good, and if you drive perfectly fine stoned I think you'll be fine.