Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving a manual while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenghoul, Jan 17, 2012.

1. I'm thinking of buying a '01 VW Golf GLS and it's a manual. I've never driven a manual before, so I figured I'd give it a few months of sober driving before doing anything.

Thanks for a tips, sorry for not a long post.:wave:

2. its like riding a bike

3. dude it sucks. i love stick(19 and already owned 4) i sold my wrx cause i hated sitting in traffic high...which happened daily. smoking led me to an auto

4. You should probably start by learning to drive a manual car before you buy one.

5. Speaking of which I ride my GSXR high all the time. Manuals are super easy.

6. I drive a manual pickup truck and I've driven stoned, I suggest learning sober and only driving stoned if it's unavoidable. You'll thank me later.

7. Driving manual is only a challenge until you get used to it, i flew 11 hours away to pick up a Subaru i really liked and had to learn how to drive all the way home but by the time i got home i had it down. Now after driving it for two years i am so used to it that i don't even notice myself shifting.

At first when i drove blazed i would sometimes forget to put it into gear after stopping at a red light haha. But i don't think you should have any problems driving high.

Let me know if you need any tips or anything on how to actually operate a manual vehicle.

8. I would say that it is not that similar to riding a bike. A bike is far more simpler to drive.

9. Holy fuck, I don't want to deter you here, but it's hard as fuck. I kept messing up and getting frustrated and messing up even more cause I was frustrated. To make it worse, I had two friends in my mustang and they thought I was retarded.

But when driving sober, I don't even realize I'm doing it. I've been driving stick for six months.

10. Don't. Just fucking for the love of buhdda dont

11. I agree with those who are saying to learn manual first, let it become second nature before driving stoned.
    After work I've been taken a rip or two before i hit the freeways, it helps me relax in the stop and go California traffic. Have fun learning man. :smoking:

12. [quote name='"subarublazin"']Driving manual is only a challenge until you get used to it, i flew 11 hours away to pick up a Subaru i really liked and had to learn how to drive all the way home but by the time i got home i had it down. Now after driving it for two years i am so used to it that i don't even notice myself shifting.

At first when i drove blazed i would sometimes forget to put it into gear after stopping at a red light haha. But i don't think you should have any problems driving high.

Let me know if you need any tips or anything on how to actually operate a manual vehicle.[/quote]

True, I can enjoy driving when I'm just a real nice high where I can focus better but I've driven fucking baked and almost wrecked a car full of beautiful women so I'm a little more iffy on driving while stoned now though because of it

13. Hard as fuck? :confused:

Driving a manual is not hard, you either learn slow or you had retards teaching you.

14. [quote name='"subarublazin"']

Hard as fuck? :confused:

Driving a manual is not hard, you either learn slow or you had retards teaching you.[/quote]

I think hes reffering to driving when stoned, I've done the whole forgetting how to drive thing haha, was trying to reverse in first but didn't realize and thought it was correct. Looked like an idiot

Edit - that was unrelated to the beautiful female species, but same day haha

15. Once you know it, doesn't matter if you're drunk/high or whatever you'll be able to do it. Learning it is slightly difficult. A solid two weeks of learning and you'll be moving around fine.

16. its the concept. you ride a bike enough times and you dont even think about it when you jump on one.

you drive stick enough times and you dont even think about it anymore. you just hop in and go.

I do have over a million miles under my belt but everyone i know that has a standard never complains. just highschool kids that havent driven much are the ones who complain.

17. Not much of a challenge at all, once you have the basics down manuals are fun and easy

18. someone earlier said to learn on a manual first befor buying one, i would but nobody i know has a manual :(, and the car seems like too good an offer to pass up (and i like VW, most are manual from my ex-perience.), so eyah.

I'm gonna talk to my parents (they won't want me to buy a car til I move away to next year<0) and see, it's a 2001 VW Golf 4dr Hatchback and is GLS and it's 2300 dollars, which is a good deal I believe.

19. #19 subarublazin, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Haha yea i mean making mistakes driving a manual is highly possible. I don't think that driving blazed is hard though.. Most of the time my shifts are smoother when im blazed cause like you said you focus on it a lot more.

20. You'll pick it up regardless, I bought my car when I was learning how to drive (it was manual and i didn't have my license yet) Just stay sober while you learn man.