Drip tray ??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Get A Life, Jul 7, 2017.

1. I have 7gl pots in a 2x4 grow tent in closet.

what can I do for runoff water from plants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. kind of answered your own question in the title. gotta find a drip tray of some type. it could be a cooking pan some of those plastic bins or anything that can hold water This would probably work.

3. This works great - comes in different sizes. Just put it on an incline platform and the waste drains into a bucket.
    3 weeks.JPG black4x4IDtray.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. got this on Amazon a few months ago and its awesome, combined it with a $8 Submersible Pump and 1/4" water hose leading to a container outside the tent I can easily empty, has been great so far... get er done[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had to order mine off the web. The hydro store had some but were twice as expensive. I would hit Amazon. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  6. wont let me post a link to the cheapest most durable one I could find on Amazon because they definitely are DAMNED expensive at your local grow show, here it is in phone screenshot form lol [​IMG]

7. Im pretty sure the drop down has other sizes as well, or just type Garland Maxi Garden Tray in Amazon search, came in a discreet plain brown box that looked like I bought a picture frame basically lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for all your support guys this is my first grow so any info help me a lot.

9. It's insane how expensive just the fuckin trays are. It's crazy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dude they're crazy expensive. Be careful once you've put them in bigger/heavier pots. Emptying your runoff can be a bitch if your grow space is crowded. Don't let them sit in runoff for too long as well. Encourages all sorts of nasties and if your roots have reached the bottom of your pot, odds are you'll get some lock out/deficiencies

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900H using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. am i the only one who doesnt water their plants in the tent? I mean if i were to scrog i suppose i would water in the tent but i like to get them out in front of me where i can see them and do what needs to be done to them.

12. Guess it depends on the setup hey. Using myself as an example, I've got a pretty crowded diy grow box and running a scrog so alternate means of emptying run off had to be done. Lol, ended up attaching hosing to a hole I made in my drip trays and running it out the bottom into a large overflow bucket. Downside being unable to ph test specific run off. Even that can be done by sampling from each tube though. Hot glue works best as it ensures a water tight connection

Sent from my SM-G900H using Grasscity Forum mobile app