Drip system for coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by OveArm, May 18, 2011.

1. Let me just start by saying what a great forum this coco section is, its helped me with many things in my hydroponic coco system in working on, more info on here then i expected.

Im starting up my coco system with 2 mothers in 4inch pots, later 2 gallon pots. then im going to transfer the clones to 9 3 gallon coco system when the mothers are big and ready ;)

The system i went with was a 50/50 coco and perlite mix, 400W hps and 150W Flouro veg, 50-75watt veg for mothers, My pumps for drip are 200GPH. All of which have a flood table and good res for water storage, airstones for oxygen mixture.

-My main question i came apon to post here was for a question about my drip system. Are there any suggested schedules to go on? Veg, flower, pot size ect.

Thanks all posts are MUCH appriciated!!

2. check out the thread on blumats. might help

3. When I went on vacation I setup a DIY irrigation system and was watering for 15min/watering. It tuned it to water a gallon in 15mins once a day. I have read of people running irrigation systems 2 and 3 times per day. It's personal preference. Coco is the shit ain't it? :smoke:

4. You can do almost any duration you want. Like maddman said you can do 2-3 times a day. Less time per watering if doing more, more time if doing less. You can do 1 - 15 min watering like maddman does, or 3 - 5 minute waterings, depending on how fast your plants actually transpire that water.

5. do away w/ all the pumps and all that non sense. get yourself some blumats, youll never look back

6. If it was easy to get ahold of that, i would have.

7. Just make sure you always check your drip lines... every one of mine clogged at one point or another. on a single grow