Drinking is Overrated?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by hawkzeppelin, Oct 12, 2009.

1. I feel like im the only one who thinks drinking is overrated. Most of my friends do nothing but get wasted whenever they drink. How is that fun? id rather roll a couple fat ones then get drunk. I honestly feel like im too mature to be 19, either that or my friends just suck.

and yeah every now and then ill have a beer or a gin and tonic.

-sorry for the ranting.

2. Alcohol < Weed < Alcohol + Weed

3. yes, it is

I'm kinda jealous of all the people who think drinking's so fun, they get to do it every weekend but I can only roll once a month :(

I mean it's alright, but if i'm going out to a show or dancing it's just not what i'm looking for. Heading in to a sit down event which I expect I will be bored at, then it's ok. But it also makes me very easily aggrivated

4. #4 korey, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    Drinking is definitely overrated. It's sad that American society teaches us that it's BAD BAD BAD to experiment with marijuana, and other drugs. But Alcohol is always treated like it's the "normal" thing for all of us to do while we're in high school and college. It's definitely less frowned upon, and even a lot of the kids who are experimenting with it even believe that they are somehow being more safe than someone who was smoking marijuana.

I am tired of living in a society that chastises me for using drugs, while everyone doing the chastising has a cigarette in one hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniel's in the other. :/

However I do enjoy rum and coke and a fat blunt to go with it. It's just a weak shitty drug, that can RUIN lives, and many times it does. Alcoholism, drunk driving, irate behavior while drunk, stupid behavior while drunk. So many bad things comes with inebriation. It's DEFINITELY overrated.

5. Exactly which is why i feel there should be absolutely no problem with this country decrimilizing marijuana.

and i find it funny how when i was in high school it was easier to get crack and X then it was to get a bottle of liquor.<<<that really shows how the war on drugs is going.

I think canada should invade the white house. Imagine that hahaha. Now my phone gonna get tapped.

6. If there is such thing as a bad drug, it would be Alcohol. The drawbacks are worse than heroin, and the high isn't even good. I personally see nothing fun in drinking, I've always said I'd rather have the flu than be drunk. I cannot think of one situation where alcohol is the best drug to be doing.

7. Totally overrated!

8. this is why i started hanging out with 23 year olds
    oh and they dont drink that much
    sometimes, but not everyday

9. Okay I agree it's overrated but that doesn't me it's not still fun as hell. I love drinking and I just had a sick dance party at my house last night with a keg and four handles of vodka. You can't have a wild party and get over 100 people fucked up for less than $150 bucks with anything else.

You just need to learn how to party it up man, with some chill fun people who are just down to have a fucking blast.

10. i dont think drinking is overrated, but i do think smoking weed is underrated. just gotta find the right people to get drunk with and its awesome.

11. Yes, very overrated.

12. I would hang out with older people but what 23 year old wants to hang out with a 19 year old? But then again i don't do stupid shit like 3/4 of my campus does.

Im honestly sick of american culture these days.(im expecting a lot of shit from saying that)

13. it was a chick that brought us together
    im also friends with one of their younger sisters who is my age

14. plenty of people are down to hang with somebody younger than them ... i remember being a freshman in hs and i still hung out and smoked with freshman sophmores jrs and seniors ... just dont be the annoying kid thats 4 years younger than you are and anybody with the similar interests in life will probably want to kick it.

15. I dont like to drink, but I do it sometimes. Especially at parties, its just there, its cheaper, and it makes me so loose. Then again, it can make you pissy, it makes you end up saying sorry way to much, and it can kill people.

I hate how when I was in highschool everyone was so fucking stupid about drinking. We would get hammered then drive home. I wish I woulda never started.

I HATE BEER. Liquor is better.:rolleyes:

16. I only drink on occasions. I definitely think it's overrated, but it's still fun.

17. That reminds me of when people would have house parties and everybody would be pounding beer after beer and everybody was offering me some and i would refuse and they would be like your such a pussy and shit. But then the next day i felt great while everybody was hung over and i still had a great time at those parties too.

18. Indeed it is, however, you can't have a crazy party without booze.

Yea the shit's poison, but there is no other drug that fuck up a house full of people for like 100 bucks. Not this intensely. Besides it's on every corner.

As far as the friends thing goes. As it's been said, as long as you share interest and respect to each other you will always have a good time. I spent most of my freshman year at a 30 somethings house with her roommates. Good times :D

19. hangovers are hardly bad, unless you drink an absolute shitload. For me drinking isn't always about getting absolutely shitfaced, I like drinking 6 or so beers and getting that nice social buzz going. A nice buzz dominates alot of drugs, because I feel like myself, only more open.

20. Well said.