Drinking and driving

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_Man, Jan 20, 2013.

1. I know a lot of people like to smoke while they drive but how do you feel about drinking in the whip. I don't mean getting HAMMERED then driving like a madman. I have a high tolerance for beer and like to drink and drive around the city. I mean the penalties are the same in most places. If you get pulled over smokng you can get a DUI. So whats the deal bruvs?

2. Haha drinking while driving? I've been in cars with people doing that but never have actually done it myself. Seems stupid to me.

I have 2 dui's so I can't drink and drive.

3. I honestly believe some people can do it and some people can't. I can EASILY drive after maybe 4 beers or a few shots. I've done it many times (shame on me). It's really not hard to just go slow or even the speed limit, and be alert and watch for other cars and people around you. But some people feel the need to get drunk and then just speed around and disregard their surroundings like complete morons. Those are the people who shouldn't drunk drive.

But no, I do not endorse drunk driving. Don't do it if your life doesn't depend on it. And even then... There are options.

4. My best friend was killed while walking, by a driver who thought he was okay to get behind the wheel. It was an accident, but it was completely avoidable.

I don't like to drive after more than a couple beers. You could drink and drive 100 times without incident, but it only takes one for that 'accident' to ruin multiple lives.

5. it is a stupid thing to do. Point blank period

6. Drinking and driving, even buzzed driving, is immature, irresponsible, and stupid.

7. #7 meowmicks, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    Fuckin idiot.....

please dont call members names,
    we do not allow it
    Thanks
    YODA

8. I used to do it. I learned a painful lesson about drinking and driving, and I got the scars to prove it.

9. Its not the smartest thing to do but in all honesty unless your shit faced, you're about as impaired as being high

10. Fuck that shit man, half the people out there can't drive anyway, never mind being impaired.

I drive better high than 90% of the people around here do sober, unless everyone is drunk.

Drunk driving is something i've never done, and will never do. Its so dangerous and stupid.

11. Not to mention that if you get a DWI or DUI, it's an $4,000 - $6,000 cost depending on how you lawyer up.

12. Our arrogant human nature makes us all think that we're much better drivers than what we actually are.

Arrogance causes the majority of car accidents.

13. Friend got a dui and possesion and only had to pay 800$ lawyer was 1200$. And 4 months loss liscoence. 2nd time he had to pay 1500$ and lawyer 1,200 and lost lisc for 8 months.

Driving dumb is dumb as fuck though

14. its ironic that people flip out about driving drunk and then they think its fine to drive high.

15. You dont think theres a big diffrence from 12 shots or 12 bowls? In driving

16. I can say this as a fact, may be a bit arrogant yes, but that doesnt make it false.
    I know what my limits are and NEVER exceed them on public roads.
    People just dont pay enough attention to their surroundings, this is what causes accidents. Also the fact that people never learn how to actually drive in the 1st place.

17. I grew up around people who drink and drive, constantly, still to this day. My grandfather, uncles, cousins, the first memory I have is when I was around seven. With my uncle in his truck and his 30 rack of Nasty-Ice inbetween the seats, him just hammering 'em down one after another and throwing them in the bed of his truck, driving perfectly fine. My grandfather was a traffic cop or whatever the fuck you wanna call 'em and used to drop my cousin and I off for elementary school..accept that meant he had to hit the packie at 7:30 in the morning and proceed to direct school children's traffic while being drunk, that I was never really okay with.
    But when I was a kid I was around it so much that I never really thought too much of it, even now when I go to the packie with my dude or whoever I'm going with. They're almost always drinking something when I hop in the car, or have mad empties rolling around.
    I personally have never been in a car thats gotten pulled over and ends up getting snuffed over drinking and driving/open containers. But I've never sketched out about it either. Nor do I really condone it, it's just not that biga deal to me.
    About bud though, I've never seen a problem with blazing while driving. The state I live in decriminalized it about two years ago, and as of late last year we became a MMJ state. And in the decriminalization, the smell of bud in your car is no longer a probable cause of search and seizure, though the majority of ignorant fucks around here don't know anything about the laws. Either way, in my honest opinion, if you can keep your shit together and drive like a normal person..I really see no problem with either, as long as your not getting obliterated and then attempting to drive...

18. If you get pulled over by the police and they know you're under the influence of something are they going to treat it any differently?

19. Wasn't directed at you, just at people in general. 99% of us are over-confident in our driving abilities.

"I haven't drank that much, I'm fine!"
    "I text and drive sometimes, but it's okay because I'm good at it!"
    "I know I'm in a top heavy truck, but I'm sure I can handle this curve going twice the speed limit."
    "I can talk on the phone, as long as I can see the road, I'm fine!"

It's just our human nature to be arrogant. It especially shows when it comes to driving. Pulled a lot of drivers that said "oh I'm fine!" out of their cars and taken them to the hospital :p

On that note though, I can count on one hand how many times I've had a stoned driver in a car accident as a patient. Drunks, I lost count a long, long time ago. I don't condone driving any way that you're not at your most alert mental state, but you really can't compare the two when it comes to the likelihood of wrecks.

20. Have fun losing your license and riding a bike to work