Drift Trikes

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by the814, Feb 28, 2012.

1. #1 the814, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Anyone here into it? I just saw them for the first time on youtube and it looks like a ton of fun. Just spent the passed few days sketching ideas for my first build. Going out later to pick up some parts and will prob. start this weekend.

Heres a video for the people that don't know what they are:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhNdoT-Lks&context=C307e62fADOEgsToPDskKs5qzYMGTO0QzjFPxeBucr]ADTA Downhill Insanity Group Drift Triking in Austin - YouTube[/ame]

And i'll post my design in a few min...

Here it is... nothing to crazy, but thats what itll look like (white and red) +some stickers:
    [​IMG]

2. Haha, big wheels man. We used to ride those in high school

3. That is fucking crazy man! I gotta get one!

4. Wow thats siiick

5. Thats bad ass man, id love to try it, idk where i could where i live tho.

Are you building it yourself? you welding a bike and tricycle together? This is the first time ive seen this and I havent looked into it at all but im really interested.

6. Dude Ive got some badass mountain roads here in east tn. What are those rear tires made of idk and its killin me!!!

7. [quote name='"redheadedtoker"']Dude Ive got some badass mountain roads here in east tn. What are those rear tires made of idk and its killin me!!![/quote]

We used longboard wheels on the back, and a bicycle tire on the front

8. yes i'm building it myself. you have to unless you get a huffy slider shipped from australia. and yea, it's just a bike frame chopped up and you make your own rear axle and stuff. and the tires arent long board tires... what you do is get a small inflatable tire, deflate it, stuff into pvc or polyetheline tubing and reinflate so it fits snug and that's basically it.

9. Looks fun but it seems too easy. Having the flex-point in the middle is cheating. I do this shit in cars, that actually takes some skill.

10. Dude ima go home and build one today, I got like ten shity bikes and welder so it shouldn't be too hard. I think ima put some wheels off a powerwheels on mine cuz my neighbor has one and we towed it behind my vespa one time and it drifts so fuckin great. I'm stoked for this project!

11. flex point in the middle? and i wish i had a place to do it in a car. and post pics if you do build one! i'd like to see it. i'll keep this thread going with pictures of the build progress and a little photo shoot when it's all finished

12. Nah dude you just step on the gas, this shit is skill cuz you gotta build it first

13. #13 the814, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    and they spin out pretty easy so you do have to have a little bit of skill to keep it going. but i get where your coming from. a car is obviously going to be harder. i'm just building it for fun

and @vespathug: using the powerwheel wheels will work good too. they just wear away faster than the pvc so most people upgrade to the pvc. i figured it's not to expensive so i'm going straight for the pvc

14. I don't think ima put peddles on mine just pegs and regular brake so I can haul ass down hills. I have the perfect spot too there's a little mountain by my house with a road that spirals all the way up.(kennesaw mountain for you Georgia folk)

15. That's a a good idea I have a ton of PVC anyway

16. yeah, i'm prob going to put just pegs on mine for now too. b/c to have to pedals you have to modify a rear wheel setup some how and i'm not much of a bike guy so idk how to do it. but i will figure it out eventually and just switch out front tires whenever i want pedals or pegs. and yeah, i live in NW Pa and there isn't much out here. i'm going to have to scout out a place close by. i live downtown though and was thinking if anything i could rip it down a parking garage. or take a little trip to Pittsburgh which is super hilly

yeah they usually use 8 or 10 inch and seems like a hard size to find. i went to a few places yesterday and could only find 6 inch so i'm going back out today to a few other places that might have it.

17. Ya id go for the parking garage cuz then you an just take the elevator back up haha, I think the pipe I ha e is exactly 8 inch. There's a big pile of it behind this school too and I saw it on a government auctions thing for 20 bucks so I know they don't need it.

18. [quote name='"the814"']yes i'm building it myself. you have to unless you get a huffy slider shipped from australia. and yea, it's just a bike frame chopped up and you make your own rear axle and stuff. and the tires arent long board tires... what you do is get a small inflatable tire, deflate it, stuff into pvc or polyetheline tubing and reinflate so it fits snug and that's basically it.[/quote]

The back wheels can be longboard wheels. We used them all the time in high school, taking them down mountains and shit

19. well it looks an interesting way to die i'll give you that

20. Has anyone put an engine on one cuz I got 32cc ryobi engine that ain't doin nothin. I also have a kz440 engine:D