Dried Out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by morganz0r, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Hey guys my leaves are kind of brown and drying, not all of them just a handful. Should I cut them off or will they revive? My plants look pretty stressed out, I'm using about 300ppm of sensi grow a and b and it's about 79-82 degrees in my grow room. The humidity is low, 40%.

Basically I'm just looking for advice to get this little plant healthy.

Attached Files:

2. looks like your currently in lockout

1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution?
    3. PH soil runoff?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps or reservoir temps

3. thats ugly...looks a bit like light burn... but???
    or even nutrient toxicity... could need a good flush

4. I picked these up from the med house, they are in fox farm ocean soil I believe.
    Soil run off? If that means what it sounds like it's about 7
    the Ph of the water I use is 6-6.3
    the plants were clones i received 3 weeks ago.
    i'm using about 1 ml per litre of sensi grow a and b every other watering
    i was ruinning 24 but now i'm on 18/6 for the last 2 days
    the room temps are between 79 and 83
    i'm not sure what i should do, i was gonna cut off the nutes for a few days,
    i see that it looks like i burned them. I was also going to use some revive
    and b-52 then start a foliar spray, i have been spraying the leaves a few times
    a day, they are very dry but the plant has plenty of water and much better ventilation
    i just ordered a swamp cooler that says it will lower the temperature 12 to 20 degrees.

I'm also going to get a 400w mh because i will be having to seperate growing spaces.

5. stop spraying or feeding

complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...collect & test the PH of this runoff water....

post your PH readings, I think your ph is off

everything that goes in the pots needs to be ph corrected to the optimum range of
    6.5 - 6.8 water , ferts solutions, flush water

6. the ph run off came out to 7. I don't know what's up with this, the water was really yellow i guess a lot of soil is coming out when drained, i'm not sure what this means or what to do.

7. so that means i add my ferts to the water and then i ph adjust???:eek:.

8. hmmmm

what was the PH of the water that went in while doing the runoff test

9. yes, mix the correct

10. I did that. My Ph of the water I flushed with was 6.7-6.8 and it came out to 7.0-7.1
    I did not add any nutes. What does this mean?

11. As sick as that plant is and you dont know the soil, and youve been adding ferts and the , spraying, foliar feeding? ...

I believe the best approach here is to transplant to fresh soil, use a hose to gentley wash away ALL the soil from the rootball, transplant, water with 2 cups of water and 2 drops of superthrive for the vitamin B1 to aid with the shock, and let it sit for a week or more, you should see some improvement, Ive never had a plant that didnt respond to a complete soil change

12. Awesome. How about Ocean Forest Soil? Actually to be quite honest since a transplant is necessary I'd like to put it into my current hydro set up if that would be better for it.
    Perhaps it can't handle that right now? If not I'll put them in 5 gallon pots of ocean forest soil.

I only added ferts once I saw a N deficiency, I stopped feeding because they were burnt. I never put nutes in the foliar, just tap water because the leaves were dried out and i panicked and didn't know what to do.
    Can you please tell me what I should have done?

Also, what does the run off of 7.1 mean?
    Thank you GG, feels like you've been helping me all day.

13. it means there is something in your soil making it alkaline,

since you put in 6.7 water and th PH raisies the PH is actually higher than 7.1 it's possible its more like 7.3 or 7.4 the more acidic water you just used for the test will help to balance (lower) the alkaline reading, and give you a lower than actual soil PH reading

your tap water your using is acidic 6.0-6.3 and your still alkaline:confused:

I dont do hydro, I just diagnose sick hydro, so I dont have enough experience to say that will help them faster?? maybe some of the hydro heads could answer that?

if your soil is infact 7.3-7.4 your so close to lockout on a HEALTHY plant thats why with the unknown soil situation, I suggested your better off transplanting so you know whats in the pots

you will also want to PH balance your tap water your mixed ferts solution and your flush water after your transplant, everything that goes in the pots must be ph corrected to the optimum range of 6.5-6.8 use the link below go to my site and watch the streaming video on PH & flushing PH is most important

7.6 is enough to lockout phosphorus
    7.5 lockout zinc
    Copper locked out 7.6

best range to have nitrogen is a ph of 6-7. Anything out of that range will contribute to a nitrogen def.

Iron is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 4.0-6.5 (Wouldn't recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Iron Deficiency.

Manganese is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.5-6.5 (Wouldn't recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Manganese Deficiency.

Boron is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.0-7.0 (Wouldn't recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Boron deficiency.

14. Well think I'm just going to put these in soil instead of into a hydro.
    How exactly do I do this?
    Wash off the roots and then put in the soil, then what do I do about watering, how soon do I use nutrients? How often should I water a transplanted plant?

15. ocean forest is good soil choice,

use a hose to remove the ALL the bad soil from the rootball, and transplant
    water with 2 cups of water and 2 drops of SUPERthrive, leave the plant alone for a week

dont feed for 3-4 weeks or the plants start to show signs of a defeciencies, ocean forest contains ferts organic but ferts just the same
    post some pics next week so we can see the improvement

16. So should I put 1 drop per cup? Should I cut those brown and curled leaves or just leave them on the plant? Will they come back? I'm going to go to the hydro store tomorrow and transplant both plants into 5 gallon pots.

17. capitol idea

yes 1 drop per cup

any leaves damaged more than 50% can be removed

18. What constitutes as damaged? i think it has enough new foliage I could cut everything brown off or will it come back? I mean do I just trim the leaves that have the brown spots, or the ones that are completely brown and dried up as well?

19. with scissors trim the dead parts of the leaf, unless the leaf has more than 50% damage then remove the whole leaf.

necrotic leaves can't repair themselves.

20. Hey it doesen't hurt to ask. This plant does amazing things. I mean, you can root branches, imagine if you could clone yourself by chopping off a limb. :).
    Good lookin' bro.