Dried fruits and veggies for nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Smokexbreak, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Just watched a video on you tube were a guy juiced fruits and then baked them overnight and then ground them into powder. He used strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, kiwi, and cucumber. Has anyone ever tried to do this and use them To feed their soil? And would it even work? There's no ingredients except the fruit.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hey, don't take this th wrong way, but you're the one who saw the YouTube video. You probably know more than we do about this. If I had to guess, I'd say that he was adding that instead of molasses. Some people swear by the use of sugars to promote taste/terpenes, etc the last few weeks of flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. last fall I used 4 or 5 bushels of apples,pears, and peaches that were past their prime in my compost pile along with all my garden waste it worked out very well

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I'd leave that stuff to the compost pile.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I just heard from someone the other day that they chop up cantaloupe just the meat no rind put it in a jar with brown sugar let it sit for a week to ferment then use it as a Bloom booster. And they say it works tremendously well. Just a thought

6. I wouldn't buy that....I would use that stuff raw...What good would cooking do, Kill off beneficial bacteria ?

7. It's called FFJ...part of the Korean natural farming (KNF). I haven't tried it yet but it's on my radar. IIRC @Prepper420 uses this method.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8. Yeah I've been thinking of trying some of those fermented fruit juice concoctions I'll say. I just switched to a basic organic soil mix and I really want to stop using any bottle notes if possible. Really I just want to lower the cost of producing the cannabis. Plus I think by using these organic natural growing techniques taste better looks better the whole way around in my opinion.

9. And you WON"T regret it...Organic way is just so much less work,once you get it started,you'll never go back ;)