Drgoodbud 3rd Grow - Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by drgoodbud, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Day 99/Day 64 Flower

I am scheduling harvest in 2 weeks. I just conducted my weekly flush, and reduced the nutrient level down to 1/2 the Botanicare Week 10 schedule which is 2.5 ML/Gal Bloom (Soil). I've been using Calmag and Aquashield throughout the entire grow at the Botanicare full strength recommendation. Today, I steered away from that and reduced both by 1/2 which is 2.5ML/Gal CalMag and 5ML/Gal Aquashield. I did this because I want to clean the girls up a bit before going into harvest. I will use Clearex on next week's flush, and replace the solution with pure PH adjusted H2O taking me to harvest day.

The trichomes are clouding up, and getting amber tips, and some amber throughout, but it really depends on what leaf you snip for a sample, and where on the plant you take it from. Question out there for everyone: is there a recommendation regarding where on the bud/plant a grower should pull to get the most accurate sampling?

Here are some pics taken this morning right after flushing:

GRN PRJ 015.jpg

GRN PRJ 016.jpg

GRN PRJ 017.jpg

GRN PRJ 002.jpg

2. More day 64 Flower pics

GRN PRJ 004.jpg

GRN PRJ 005.jpg

GRN PRJ 006.jpg

GRN PRJ 008.jpg

3. More Day 64 Flower Pics

GRN PRJ 010.jpg

GRN PRJ 011.jpg

GRN PRJ 012.jpg

GRN PRJ 013.jpg

4. Very Nice Dr, I was planning on getting an auto ak48, seemed like a good strain. I haven't grow it and not subbed to any who has or is growing it.

To the trichs situation you have going on, probably the most amber are the one closest to the lights. Some people chop the top buds and leave the bottom buds a couple more days.

5. Yeah, I've been thinking about doing a secondary harvest on this thing. Chop the big ones and then let the smaller buds below gain some density. Have you ever tried that? Have you done an auto before? Do they finish a lot quicker?

6. I did chop the top colas of my NL and left the bottom one to finish up, the truth is I was very disspointed on those NL, they never seem to finish.

I haven't done auto but from what I've read they a really easy to grow and they don;t yield much.

7. ive tried it...i think with the initially chops...too much stress on the plants...never noticed any difference....but damn i might add, crop is looking awesome....couple more days at least left...not much longer....as far as trichs go...i suppose it boils down to personal preference on the type of medicine you are looking for....more amber...consider more medicinal value...less amber recreational

8. Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I don't think I am going to worry about giving the lower buds more light. Hell they seem more dense than the big buds on my last grow. Yeah, I could chop this weekend, if I did, I would need to flush with the Clearex no later than tommorrow. I must admit, I've been thinking about it. I am getting some amber on the trichomes, and the ones that don't have amber in them are cloudy. Some of the heads are dark brown, but it depends on where I pull from, or from what part of the leaf I am looking at under the scope.

Personally, I like a more heady buzz, more reason to chop this weekend. It seems like there is new growth on the buds though, being greedy, I wonder if it would do some good to wait until next week like I originally thought?

9. I usually wanna chop earlier, but go for it . You will get more amber and less head buzz if you do, but those lower bud will be right at their point :smoke:

10. Yeah, I was looking again tonight. I am going to cut next week. Nirvana says these finish in around 10 weeks. I think next week is week 11. Damn, I can't wait to see this stuff chopped and hung. Here are some lights out pics I took tonight.

grn prj 030.jpg

grn prj 032.jpg

grn prj 033.jpg

grn prj 034.jpg

11. Lurking the tude... Serious AK looks very tempting :smoke:

12. Yeah, I was thinking the AK-48 sounds like a great mix.

13. Day 70 Flower

I just flushed with Clearex. It was a real successful flush. I used 2 TBS / Gal of Clearex and ran it for 45 mins. After draining the resevoir, I added 5 Gal's of pure H2O, and loved that the PPM was still reading zero after 30 mins of runtime. I plan to run pure water until Friday evening (5 days), and chop and hang that night. Also, I plan to turn the lights off onThursday morning keeping them in the dark until chop time. These things are so thick and sticky right now. None of my indoor grows produced buds this dense before now. I can't wait to see the quality of this smoke once its cured.

14. Aru you going to dry trim or wet trim?
    I read a couple times before that dry trimming make them retain more smell and taste on the bud

15. I usually take the big leaves off when I hang them, and then manicure just before I put them in the jars. I usually manicure pretty aggressively, but I this time I plan to lighten up on that.

16. Oh btw, I just ordered some AK-48 feminized seeds. It'll be fun growing a different strain. The last 2 grows were Wonder Woman. I must mention though, I've been so happy with the Wonder Woman that I considered doing it again, but being a freak for variety, I made the move. I think I am going to wait a few weeks before popping the seeds though. I need to get my heating people into my cellar to do some preventive maintenance on the heat pump, so I want all remnants of growing to be gone from the basement.

17. Really impressive grow here! Thanks for following along in my grow as well. +1 rep for a blade with a green thumb! :wave: