Dresser Remodeling

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by cboswell87, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Here's what I been working on still have a lot of work to do and thought I'd post pics as I make progress. The Left side is going to be used for flowering while the Right side is used for Veg. Plan on LST through out growth and possible SCROG during flowering. I still need to add intakes and exhaust. what size computer fans would I need for the exhaust? Im using T5s and 2 cheap LED panels for the flowering chamber and CFLS for the vegetative chamber.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      334.2 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      250.7 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      273.2 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      281.6 KB
      Views:
  2. why are you putting stuff in there....you havent even cleaned the thing yet.....its filthy

3. #3 cboswell87, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    lol its filthy from my last grow and current construction in it. whats in it now was just to see how it would fit and get an idea of what im working with. Thats why I named the thread dresser remodeling. It worked good last but It need a lot of improvements. I plan on cleaning it before I grow again dont worry.

4. Alright so I been trying to figure out how to use the front of my drawers to make doors for the dresser. Been doing some research and I'll be picking up some Velcro tape tomorrow this seems like the easiest way to do it. also I was going through some yard sale boxes and found 4 bed risers, I plan on using them as pots..Still a little hesitant on the exhaust fans I got a couple old PlayStation 2s plan on using the fans out of them and doing some kind of passive intake coming up through the floor of the dresser. Any thoughts on this? Also I want to flower using the Scrog method to get the most out of the little size my plants will be. Should I build the screen before I start flowering or put the screen in after wards thanks for any advice. I'll have more pics of what i get done hopefully tomorrow.

5. #5 WickedSmoke, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    I would suggest using the biggest pc fans you can, I don't really like pc fans but that's just me.

I would suggest 2 decent sized pc fans for intake and a 4 inch duct booster with a DIY carbon filter.

The trick to using a "booster" fan is to have sufficient intake forcing air in to your box. If you use a booster with a passive intake for example you won't have good results. Just my input.

Edit: I have not done a scrog yet but my thinking on he subject is to build a screen attached to the plant container. Making flushing easier. If you don't plan on removing the plant for flush or waterings but if you plant on doing that all with in the space then build the screen in the box.

My plan for a scrog go would go down with a topping creating 2 main colas and 2 main branches, FIM as needed to keep canopy level untill reaching scrog. You can continue to FIM or top if you wanted, weaving the growth in and out of the screen in all directions.
    I would give my self some room to veg atleast 3-6 inches above the screen before flowering.

Hope my ideas help in any way.

6. thanks for the advice. and for being the second other person to post in my thread. I have to put a hold on getting the fans for right now due to budget problems but I'll definetly get the biggest one I can. As for the DIY carbon filter I was going to try the one made with pencil cups and a sock or nylons. Thanks for the advice on the screen being built onto the pots that seems to make the flush a lot easier by doing that.

7. 4 inch personal desk fans from Walmart -- 5 bucks.. 2 for exhaust, 2 for intake...

screw the computer fans!

8. So I went ahead and started my grow 6 weeks ago started with 3 plants clipped one and cloned it now I have 4. 2 are going to be moms and 2 are being switched to 12/12 lighting in the flower chamber.

[​IMG] the moms

[​IMG] the babies

[​IMG] close up of my favorite

9. o_O

I don't see em.

10. hmm I seem to of forgot how to post pics

11. #11 cboswell87, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    Lets try again..
    The first pic is the two plants Im keeping for mothers. The mom on the right is a Bubba Kush, The one on the left is a local breed JFK. The second picture is a clone off of the bubba kush and a mystery seed that Im doing some kind of mini scrog with. theres a a close up of it in the third pic. Its my favorite looking right now.

Attached Files:

12. Looking good man, like the scrog you've got going on there.

13. Thanks man ended up that one was a male good news the the clone is starting to bud now and i just took a new clipping of the mother she came from. I'll try to update my pics this weekend. Been busy getting ready for Christmas.

14. Nice start, what did you pay for those LEDs?
    I really want to invest in a good LED system

its been awhile since your last update how is the progress?

15. I'm 3 weeks into flowering had to pull one of them that I started from seed because it was a male. I'm currently looking for my camera to do an update. the buds are so frosty reminds me of dew on plants in the morning. anyways i think i payed 50 for each of those LEDs they are pretty good not the best but workable.

16. o_O 50 bucks?? whats the wattage?
    mind if I ask where you bought it?

17. ebay I'm not sure what the wattage is. next time I clean the cabinet I'll look on the back of them and see.

18. I have an LED unit that looks exactly like that and mine it totally useless. it plants really struggle under it. completely incomparable to CFLs.

as for fans you could buy a couple £1 computer fans but I would buy a proper 4" extractor. you can get them on eBay for about £10 and are massively better than computer fans. the computer fans are great for circulatory fans though

your ScrOG screen would be much better off being a few inches above your pot so you can reach underneath to train the plants properly

19. ordered a 150w hps should have it tomorrow cant wait to hook it up

20. i'm subbin to yours :)