Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Dreams when not smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by 4myownhero, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I'm currently on a hiatus from smoking until I can get a job. I figure they'll test, and it'll be a good way to get my tolerance back down. It's been three weeks since my stop day, the longest I've probably gone in at least 3 years (whoah). One difference I have noticed is my dreams. I'm actually remembering them. They've been nuts! ...as well as pretty lucid. Has anyone else had any similar experience?

2. Yep. Same thing happened to me, but it only lasted a few weeks. I rarely dream.

3. I've been having really crazy and lucid dreams the past few weeks, and I've been making it a point to smoke a bowl right before I lay down to go to bed. So who knows?

4. Dreams occur in the REM stage of the sleep cycle. Smoking weed reduces the amount of REM sleep you have. I have experienced the same when I stop smoking weed.

That explains why you're having more dreams, not so sure why they'd be lucid. Maybe a result of the same issue, but I can't say why

5. Oh thanks for posting that i always wondered why as soon as i stopped smoking even for a day i would start having crazy dreams that i usually dont have