Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dream job on the line. Please, please comment.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by feelthebern215, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Hey all -

I'm dying inside. I've been working towards a dream job for the past 10 yrs - working for free as a teenager, then internships, and now have 5 years experience in a highly competitive field. After a random meeting with some people in leadership at THE ONLY company in my city that specializes in my field, I was offered a senior position. This job is everything I've ever wanted - no exaggeration. This is NOT a medical profession, and it's definitely not for a retail job or anything requiring machinery. At 31, I've never been drug tested for a job before, and this test came as a big surprise.

Only 7 days ago, I took a hit off a bowl. I only smoke flower, no dabs or oils or concentrates. I don't think the hit was much, because I don't even remember getting high. But a couple days before that (10 days ago), I took a long hit off a bowl and was stoned for a few hours. Before these two occurrences, I was a casual smoker - hitting the pipe maybe once or twice a week. But I took much of July off from smoking after being way too high around the week of July 4th and wanting a break.

By the time I take my test, I'll have been off it for about 10 full days. I tried two different brands of at-home drug tests - three different times. I even took them in the morning during my "first void." All three came up negative - no signs of THC. Despite this, I'm sick with worry, because I have to give my notice to my current employer BEFORE my background check clears in order for the timing to work out (it's a long story). If I fail this test, it will be a HUGE setback in my career trajectory. I'm so worried about it, and looking for anyone who's got a similar body type or smoking habits who could tell me my odds of passing. I know its not an exact science, but looking for anecdotes, I guess.

Other details: I'm 140 lbs and 5'7. Female. Mostly lean. I've been working out every day for the past 3 weeks (unrelated to the drug test, I just decided I wanted to do more weight lifting). Yes, I'm taking B vitamins, drinking water, and started taking creatine 2 days ago. I'm lifting anyway, so didn't mind taking the creatine. I also have two packets of Certo on hand and 2 bottles of Gatorade for day of.

2. confess all and go for a plea bargain ...it was an accident

as I'm sure you are not the first

maybe they turn you down

but will give you time to dry out and re apply

find out if you can re apply first

good luck

3. Just keep drinking water. Good thing you didn't smoke much. I don't know how accurate those at home tests are but I know a few people have tried it and they were fine. With the amount you smoked and the fact that all of the at home tests came out negative, I personally wouldn't try any type of synthetic urine or special cleansing drinks.

Keep drinking water, keep exercising and try not to stress about it! Keep us posted!

4. You will be okay. I’m a male 5”11 140 pounds and I took a drug test one time 3 days after ripping a bong 6 times and it had a FAINT line. Not enough to make me even fail.

5. Not sure the point of posting this post. You took 3 tests of your first void of the day and were clean all 3 times? Discussion over

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You said you’ve already tested yourself and come up negative ? What’s the issue ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paranoid stoners don't make good employees...dedicated fearless stoners do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've read at-home tests are not as accurate as tests in a diagnostic facility. I'm going to LabCorp for my test, and was worried the different testing method might turn up a different result than the at-home test. But yeah... tried another test this morning (4th) and no signs of THC. I just thought it was so odd that I was clean according to these tests only 2 days after smoking. It's been 7 days now, and still showing clean tests. I just thought it would take longer, so was questioning the validity. But damn. It's hard to be paranoid that three different brands from three different stores are all inaccurate. :)