Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dream Bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by czt2623, May 16, 2010.

1. I've been smoking for awhile, and I'm in need of a new bong. I know a lot about bongs/smoking, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to get. I live in a small town, and there's only one local glassblower. He is good and ideally I'd let him blow me a heady bong…but he only has one shot, and if I don't like it, then we're in trouble. Plus, he probably can't do the advanced stuff (percs, diffusers, etc).

There are also no local headships, so I am looking online. The only websites I know of are here and grasscity, and I can't decide what to get. I've smoked bongs with percs, diffusers, ashcatchers, etc before, but I don't know how much each component contributors to a smooth hit or just drag, so I don't know which ones I want. I hear roors are great too (never used one), but all the roors I've seen are just straight tubes with no nice features. I realize they are good quality and you can add a stem to them, but that takes away many options like a perc in the tube.

Anyway, can I get any suggestions for a truly amazing bong if price were not an issue (barring ridiculously priced bongs). I'm open to something heady, a hurricane bong, or even just a simple tube if it gets the job done. The only requirement is that I just want to say "wow" on a daily basis after I use it. I'm also open to getting a simple bong (ie roor), and adding a nice stem to it as well. So anyone, what ideas does GC have? Thanks

I'll also be giving a review on whatever I get (including pics)

2. I got a Rasta RooR Fairmaster with an ash-catcher and two diffusers a few weeks ago. It definitely gets a "wow" reaction every time I hit it or anyone else tries it out. I sit there in awe of it after every hit.

It looks great milking it up from chamber to chamber and it's the smoothest toke I've ever had. I used to use one hitter glass bongs with rubber bottoms and rubber grommets. The difference in the way the RooR draws, the way it looks as it milks, how smooth the hit is and the way it clears compared to a typical bong is huge. It's a big price difference but the hit that it delivers is worth it.

At the very least, you should get a diffused down-stem. The diffusers make the hit smoother but they also change the way the smoke draws. It feels more even as it bubbles with a diffuser rather than the "glug glug glug" that you get with a regular down-stem. A minor difference but it does feel better.

The ash-catcher definitely makes the hit smoother if you want to spend a bit more and it does look cool watching the ash-catcher fill with smoke before the smoke spills into the main chamber.

The size hit in the Fairmaster is perfect - I wouldn't want a bigger tube or a smaller tube. I haven't hit the beaker bottoms but from what I've heard there is a little extra drag and I wouldn't need the extra capacity. It's a big hit but I can take much bigger hits than I can with other bongs because of the extra filtration.

Good luck finding the right piece.