Dreads

Discussion in 'General' started by Dready_Nesta12, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Who else here is dreaded up? & why do you love locks?

2. I got da natty dread.. took me a year and a half.. smelliest period of my life.. when I washed em.. the best day..

3. Meh. I had dreads for about a month before shaving them off.

Don't get me wrong; I really love them, and maintenance was no problem for me, but the guy who put them in failed to let me know that it was his first time in twenty years. They were pretty hideous.

4. to each there own, but did you know washing (with a residue free soap) actually speeds up the locking proccess?

i havnt touched a comb in 7 months. i might cut and start out from a shaved head though.

5. if u only had them for 1 month i dont see how u could have real dreadlocks.

6. All I knew at the time was I couldnt wash it, the day I found residue free soap, knotty boy shampoo, I washeed it, I wash once a month now.

7. I think he means that when they we're finally nice dreads he only kept them for a month.. but Durchi would not lie.

8. No, they weren't put in naturally. He used a backcombing/perm method and absolutely saturated my hair in chemicals. It was pretty bad.

If I ever do them again, my method will be all natural. I still have a tub of wax around here somewhere... Oh, there it is.

9. sorry for the assumpsion

10. fuck hair period...im a pinche pelon.

11. I tried locks but cornrows hurt too much....I might just skip the rows and go str8 for the locks.....Chances are I'll just cut it again...Hair pisses me off now.....

12. eh im actually working on my locks right now, had them for about 2-3 months, the roots are finally maturing.... anyone got and GREAT tips for loose hairs? i know washing doesnt help, but i cant be dirty... just doesnt float with me... and my dreads were put in naturally with a metal comb and all organic lock&twist gel :)

13. wash with residue-free shampoo as stated above.

14. Been knotted up since I was 12, 3 different sets, current set is the best. Had this set for 3 years, took 4-5 months after formation for them to lock up tight.

Back combed and palm rolled till I couldnt move my arms.

15. already do, just wondering how to keep those lose hairs in the dreads, i bought plastic needles and we sow the big chunks right into the dreads, but everytime i was more seem to pop out... does anyone know if dreadheadhq.com's dread products work well? (for my straight hair) how can i make my hair nappier?

16. I think you just need to back comb more and roll them in your palms too.

17. i thought backcombing once the dread was already formed was bad? and i do alot of palm rolling/tip rubbing/ clockwise rubbing, i dunno were all these loosies come from.

18. i had dreads for abut a year and a half. i cut them off last summer cause they were too hot. a fun dread trick though, put pantyhose on your head before you go to sleep and in the morning youll have a big dreadball beehive deal on your head.

19. why would i want that? ^^^ i love my dreads just flowin along :) just need all them lose hairs to stay put :p :)

20. Sorry forgot to mention that you should make your hands into you back combs and use em.. wow I am really stoned no