dragging colors on my tv

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by iWannaTreeONugs, Aug 24, 2012.

1. So I got a 42" Emerson flatscreen tv for Christmas and now that I've noticed an issue, I can't unsee it. The color black drags on my tv. Say I'm playing minecraft and there is a black block in front of me and I strave left or right the black will drag either way. I'm just wondering, is there any way to stop this effect from happening/fix the problem

2. Does anyone have ant tips to fix this?

3. Either you're high, or I'm high... or whatever
    I'm just having a hard time understanding what you're saying lol

4. lol let me explain again, so say there is a black line on my screen and it slowly moves right and left, it has an afterglow. Now that I've noticed it, it bothers the FUCK out of me.

5. Do you notice it with the TV menu's as well? Also, do you have a setting for digital noise reduction? I've read that people with a similar problem were able to fix it by turning it off. Also saw suggestions about turning on/off game mode on your tv if it has it to see if that fixes it.

This is all for something called "ghosting", is that what you'd say is happening or is it something else? I did a lot of research for fixing LCD TV's when mine was acting up. In my case it just involved swapping out a board, but I wasn't having ghosting issues. I had this static line that was always down the entire left side, then when I'd get on PS3 the picture would turn completely static but I could still barely see what was going on behind it. It was really annoying.

6. Ghostibg! That's a perfect description! Lol I've turned auto volume off and the Eco boost thing but it still does it. And its only the color black. Could the color temp have anything to do with it?

7. My Tv does that. I called a repair man and he said it was due to playing video games to much or some shit like that. Pretty sure it's gonna cost you some money to fix it though..

8. I use my xbox for movies and everything so that might be the problem. That sucks ass, but I do play hella games n shit

Hey maybe I can get used to it! Lol