Drag race

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by FridayHighday, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Me and my friends have agreed to drag race for pinks he has a 2012 Tacoma with a 4.0 in it I have a 96 Chevy dually with a 7.4 454 who do you think?

2. If you really need to ask....

3. They are both slow as fuck. It is obvious they will both explode before ya hit that 1320. Duh.

4. Yeah really...

5. Don't do it, you will get walked if he's at all competent getting his truck off the line.

6. taco s going to definately win. You got a dually with a 7.4 thats putting out less hp than his 4.0.

7. #8 DarkSideofHerb, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Yeah dude you're fucked. Twice the displacement doesn't mean twice the performance.

8. if only you had the h/o 454 like back in the 60s, not that emmisions compliant bs. THat newer 454 is prob pushing high 200s if your lucky.

btw what rears you have? 4.11s im assuming

9. stupid race, might as well just give your truck to him.

you are driving a dually, probably with towing gears (why would you not....) not meant for off the line racing.

i have a 99 k3500 with a modded 454 7.4L, non dually, it will launch hard but i would never pink slips a brand new taco lol.

that guy would have to be a bad driver to lose.

10. Just as well give the yota dude your keys and not waste the gas losing.

11. You can beat his truck in a tug of war..gotta love torque

12. Towing gears are meant for the strip. You think these guys drag racing are using 3.55s in the rear? I think not. That truck weighs every bit of 8000 lbs. his power to weight ratio is better than yours

13. #14 Jumbo, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
    lol what?

what truck are you even talking about, you cant call both trucks "that one"....

besides what i meant was stock low rpm gears, didnt mean to say tow
    no shit these drag trucks arent running 3.55 gears

running 4.10 stock gears on my truck, shit is almost scary when i smash lol

also stock taco ratings for 2012 4.0 base model

gross weight: 5350 LBs (curb is only 4075lb lol, while a new honda 4door accord base is 3200lb)
    HP:236
    Torque: 266

at gross weight, 22.66 LBs/HP ratio.

assuming OP's truck has stock vortec 7400 which is L29, which is same engine as im running so i know its rated at 290hp and 410lb per foot, stock at like 4k RPM. dunno the weight, get that and you can get ratio.

but besides that, everyone knows ratios are only the theory, what happens in reality is usually different. too many factors to say based off a HP per LB ratio whether who wins.

14. Sorry I should of been more clear. The 3500 weighs around 7-8000 lbs. I meant the taco has a better power to weight ratio

15. Gross weight is maximum weight of vehicle at full capacity (all passenger, full tank of gas) Every possible weight addition.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

16. lol i know that.

its really just an estimate. not that it even maters because like i said most of those ratios dont even matter because nothing preforms without friction and other forces such as wind factoring in.

17. I'd like to state my dually is a mere single cab.

18. That changes everything.... Lol seriously dude race him. Let me know how it goes... Out of the factory he would still win. Your truck it's over 10 years old! You think it gained hp over the years?

19. [quote name='"DarkSideofHerb"']

That changes everything.... Lol seriously dude race him. Let me know how it goes... Out of the factory he would still win. Your truck it's over 10 years old! You think it gained hp over the years?[/quote]

Definitly let us know OP, it would be sweet if you could get a free Tacoma!