draft at the start of iran war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoboleader, Sep 24, 2012.

1. from a wikileaks storage. apparently this is the speech that the president will give at the start of an iran war. Or at least a "rough draft" of the speech that will announce the draft.

http://wlstorage.net/file/purported-us-iran-preliminary-draft.pdf

2. I wont be drafted, Ill tell you that much..

Viva La Revolution.

3. Yeah fuck that ill be in the Netherlands

4. With any luck that part of the speech will get cut. I am having a hard time fathoming this. Why would they announce a draft at the start of the war? Wouldn't that alert the public that war with Iran is A) real and affects us all, and B) is not going to be an easy walk in the park?

I think there would be way to much public outrage if a draft was reinstated. I could however see the powers that be launch some sort of False flag or allow us(USA) to be attacked so ppl will enlist voluntarily.

5. well if iran hits our bases in iraq with guided missiles pre-emptively like they say they will do, and 1000-3000+ troops die, that will be enough to get the public outraged and rallied behind the president. It works best if you have the draft at the start, because it takes a good 4-6 months to train up the draftee's and ship them out. We already have to many guys that have done like 3-8 tours in iraq and afghanistan.

Iran is no easy walk in the park, they've been preparing defenses in case of an attack for years.

6. If there is a draft our revolution might start early

7. [quote name='"tflga"']If there is a draft our revolution might start early[/quote]

Hopefully

8. [quote name='"tflga"']If there is a draft our revolution might start early[/quote]

It's fucking time! It's getting too late! We have to do this asap!

9. Come draft me at my house

10. When did they say that? Do you have a link?

11. Between Israel and NATO there wouldn't have to be a draft.

12. [quote name='"HighMtnSkier"']

When did they say that? Do you have a link?[/quote]

Just read it on nbcnews. Would link but on read it on different computer.

13. It's nothing but saber rattling on both sides. Neither wants to look weak so neither will back down.

But this shit has been going on for years. Nothin new here.

14. Anyone else think this is Mitt Romney's secret jobs creation plan?;)

15. I hope they do draft.. nothing would scare the public faster than understanding the true consequences of war. For this reason I would honestly encourage a draft. Time for the people to put their money where their mouth is.

16. Seriously! Let's see how "pro-war" everyone is when they, their children or grandchildren are to be sent to the front lines.

Something tells me the chants for war with Iran (which would be WWIII) would quiet down to a whisper.

#chickenhawks

17. My god, it would be helpless man. I definitely do not encourage it.

18. ^ Pissing contest to see who's dick is bigger.

The only way I'd support a draft would be if family of government got drafted first. That means a 3rd cousin to a clerk in the department of agriculture goes before anyone else. No exceptions. College plans get put on hold, medical deferments still have to serve stateside.

No, I expect a false flag attack to get the folks here beating the patriotism drums to get kids to enlist in drives.

19. I really don't see the necessity for a draft. If Iran struck us or our bases in the middle east, we'd have enough fire power over there within a couple days to blow them off the face of the earth multiple times