Dr. T's 3000W Bubble Buckets w/ ScrOG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DrTrichome, May 10, 2011.

1. what nutes you using? for your roots specifically...

and how many times are you topping them? i take it after the first 4 sets of leaves but then like a 4 way LST or something?

and what kind of OG kush were you talking about? i am about to start a BB scrog w/ the lucas formula... Chemdawg 91 and vanilla kush... just wondering if the chemdawg is what you were talking about as being stretchy

2. I am using House & Garden Aqua Flakes as a base, Cal-Mag and Great White. These ones were not topped at all although I often do top my plants.

The og kush I was referring to was the lemon larry which is the original chemdog x Massachusetts skunk and it was very lanky and tall but produced very nice buds. This one is a widow x og and seems less stretchy. Some folks call it phantom og kush and others call it wush. I haven't seen what it can do but have heard good things...

3. grabbin popcorn for this one, and a notepad!

4. when do you suggest topping them? mine are one their forth leaf set....My chemdawg 91 also has devolped some yellow spots :confused: let me know if you know what it could be...link in sig

5. Nice! Thanks for stoppin by bud!

I don't often top unless height is going to be an issue but when I do I like to start early. Fourth set sounds good so they can really get established before flipping the lights. These ones weren't topped at all. It's my first time growing this strain so I wanted to see how they do on their own. If I decide to do this one again I may top once but then again I bet with a screen I won't have to. Spots that look like rust or a dark yellow are often early signs of a calcium deficiency. Try adding some cal-mag if you haven't already.

6. Where's the update man!??

We havent seen the real ladies ( :ey: ) in a bit!

7. Hey buds, sorry for lagging so much on updates! I have been crazy busy with work and been too lazy when home to snap some fresh photos but will no later than Wednesday! We are almost 5 weeks into flowering and everything is filling out like crazy and looking quite nice I must say. I wish I would have build my screen when I had the chance because I am getting some straggler branches falling over on the outside of the canopy. Everything in the center is holding up real well but I will need to at least line the outside with something to hold the stragglers up.

8. Here are some shots from tonight, day 33 of flower. My new ballast already took a dump on me so I gotta go switch it out with a freshie at the shop tomorrow. I had some camera issues so I will also take some fresh shots with my other cam in the next couple of days. Peace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nice update Dr. T
    Are those new hoods? They look like the raptors, but smaller. similar lines, but 6" flanges? Maker?
    Looks like your pushing the girls harder than usual. What nutes are you using this go? Thanks for the info.

10. Yeah these hoods are new. They are the XXXtreme 6 from CAP. Similar to the raptors but a tad smaller. I am running House & Garden Aqua Flakes and Cal-Mag. I ran some Great White earlier and plan to run some of House & Garden's Top Shooter (liquid shooting powder!) starting this Thursday til the end. And of course some drip clean all the way through.

11. Good deal, I will look into those hoods. I like the raptors, but i dont like the $250 price tag most places.
    I just got a free bottle of that liquid shooting powder. First thing ive tried from H&G. But hard to tell how good it is, im in the last week of nutes on this run. Interesting color and consistency. Kinda foamy out of the bottle. but REAL thin once diluted. Did you go to the San Fran show last weekend?

12. i hope someday i have a setup this dope, great thread man.

13. Great Update...

You running the third light still?

14. god daammnnnn it seems only a couple of weeks ago these were lil veggers! things have exploded man looks beautifull nice work

15. If you build it they will come.

[​IMG]

16. Oh yeah, I go every year on industry day with my boys from the local shop. This year we partied pretty hard both at the show and later at the GH party! Gotta love open bars all day. Of course Sunday was pretty rough since we had to go unload all the goodies at the shop pretty early! I haven't tried the Top Shooter yet but I liked the shooting powder when I used it so I have high hopes for this one and am pretty excited.

Thanks bud! Keep carousing these forums and I'm sure you will sonner than later.

Thanks. Yeah my new ballast wouldn't fire up last night so I swapped it today with a fresh one so it should be good to go tonight so just one day without it shouldn't have held anything back too much.

17. As always a beautiful grow and much respect your way. I gotta ask Doc and it's purely for personal purposes. If ya don't wanna answer publicly a PM sure would help this brother here out. I'm in the market for a new ballast and I just can not make myself pull the trigger on an e-ballast. My gut is telling me to stick with the core and coil. What's your take on the whole e-ballast craze going on? Where is the good money best spent?

Also would like any info you would care to share on luminaires. I've been studying on the different shapes, sizes, and manufacturers lately. I really like the LumenArc III and the LumenBrite III (but it doesn't accept a glass shield). But CAP has a good 'un also. Damn it's tough making choices without first hand product knowledge. The devil lies in the details eh? Aye!

Shit! :eek: Maybe I shoulda just PM'ed you man LOL! :). Don't want to put you on the spot with your bidnezz ventures and all.

You rock Doc! :wave:

18. It's all good bud! I still stick with core & coil cause not only are they cheaper, they tend to last a lot longer (of course I have have 2 brand new ones crap out on me this run! But they are the first 2 I have lost and they had warranties so they were replaced on the free). Digi's run a hell of a lot cooler which is the only reason I would make the switch. I could care less about dimming features or "super lumens" since I would never dim and over juicing the lamp burns them out way quicker and I use pretty pricey lamps. If you want to make the switch and try out digis, pm me and I have a supplier of excellent ones (Identical to Lumatek, made in same factory and with great service should anything go bad) for a much lower price.

Same goes with reflectors. Many manufactures use the same factories in China to make their reflectors. The big ones like I have seem pointless since smaller ones like the Lumenaire by CAP has a killer spread and is way lighter and takes up less space. However, once again I can get you the exact same reflector for less. I see the same spread by Lumenaires as I do with the XXXL hoods and boy are they easier to work with, hang, and move around should you need to do so. Let me know if you have any other questions.

19. Thanks a whole lotta bunches man! Good vibes your way bro!

20. Very impressive!