Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Morning Doc..
    [​IMG]
    RHSS back cross
    Skunk
    Gods Gift
    Bubba Baby
    Diesel Dreams
    Blue Berry
    The ones I started on the 29th are just breaking ground
    BNW

2. Update:Gardens are all on trak..the two HAZKS will get harvested on sun..i visited the Deth Stompers at grw ptnrs they're ready to be harvested..we're in a heat wave so i'll harvest the 7 next tues..all the indr plnts now have one fan and led each and are all flwrng but on different wk count..all are GS..the Kyrpto's are ready to be tp'd and go outdrs..i have 5 here and grw ptnr has the burned prom queens trio who have recovered fully..i was gonna take them all over there to tp into the harvested DS pots aftr reamendment but i'm rethinking that..grw ptnr wants to do weigh out with wet bud and doesn't want to close trim which to me makes it impossible to get equitable split..you don't close trim the wt of twigs and branches messes it up plus she doesn't understand shrinkage..i'll be having harvests over the nxt two mos of my other plnts so i'll come out sweet cause i don't have to share it..she wants to hang her share so she don't wanna close trim asked her how do you weigh it then to be equitable ? i do this 4-5 times a yr think i've learned how to do this..she will ruin her share and have moldy bud..btw had two small spots the catties got to..imagine if i hadn't been going over there and fogging..definitely time to harvest and get outta there before the catties truly invade deth stompers ready to come in 011.JPG deth stompers ready to come in 008.JPG deth stompers ready to come in 009.JPG deth stompers ready to come in 010.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Update: decided i'm keepin the kyrptos and will use 6 gal bkts..gonna grw against the wall and fence and do a trellis thing..none of them are sexed so its a gamble but they all can't be female so i think it'll wrk out and there'll be enough rm..the 3 over at grw ptnrs she can grw this summer see how much time it takes..wanting to loose trim and weigh out when its wet has pissed me off big time ..if i have to do that i'll never grw there again..i got standards! then shes saying somebody she knows grew some pot and got seeds frm it and we should grw that next..told her if i don't know the grwr, the strain, what its crossed with i'm not wasting my time or resources..we been dwn that road and failed twice! its like chuck berry in hail, hail rock n roll..keith richards got the bnd sounding great and chuck just can't play his part he gotta fuck it up..just stay out of the way chuck! damm! grw ptnr is hrd head just like that..we never been so close to big yeild in 4 yrs and she comes up with this BS i want ''mine '' to be loose trimmed and lets divide it while wet..WTF!!!! so i'm pissed..i got a 18.5 grm sample to dry and test..look at the sloppy trim!! drying DS sample 001.JPG bkts in SA 003.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Think that's a good move Doc.

5. hazks harvested 007.JPG hazks harvested 008.JPG 3.5 ers go out 005.JPG 3.5 ers go out 003.JPG Update: Harvested the two HAZKS and am air drying my usual style..the sample DS turns out to be stellar! definitely gonna want more of it so i may re-veg the plnts aftr harvest...nothing to lose and let grw ptnr do something for a change because it takes lots of constant triming....up to her or i will just chop them down..i won't be going over there every other wk thats for sure..rearranged the SA and put the three flwrng clones in 3.5ers out there..tomorow morn 5 kyrptos will go out making for 10 plnts out there..expecting some of the kyrptos to turn male and make for more rm..i'll be screwed if they're all fems

• Like Like x 1
  6. Update: the bud is dry allready due to the heat wave..goes in jars with h pks in the morn tomorrow..another harvest tomorrow at grw ptnrs hang dry there till fri morn then divide..decided to do no re-veg there as i don't want to tie up my soil and bkts..want to reamend my soil with manure this time and slow age it for several mos..the kyrptos got tp'd and installed in the SA this morn..5 flwrng GS and 5 Kyrptos is enough for the summer run..the two indr GS will be done end of nxt mo..shut ugly cab dwn aftr that for the summer mos.. HAZks dried 003.JPG HAZks dried 006.JPG HAZks dried 008.JPG HAZks dried 007.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update: Harvested the DS at grw ptnrs and put it all on a rack to dry in the garage..temps in there were 70 with 60% humidity...hope its gonna be ok for 4.5 days ..we'll divide it on sat...i'll get my pots with my soil outta there and bring it home to be reammended with the soil frm HAZKS harvest..reminded grw ptnr that the 3 kryptos she nursed bk to health i expect half in the future..she thought they were gonna be all hers and tp'd them then hid them go i couldn't see progress..she ain't lazy if she thinks its hers..she was not happy to hear i'm expecting half in the future..told her its ''equitable'' and she STFU..truth is i don't exspect them to be wrthwhile as she doesn't believe in IPM..the DS had very minimal damage from catties and the few mite web/pods were long dead frm the regular ipm i did..it was a PIA driving over there every other wk to do it but it made the difference..gonna have to buy more jars this wk..big ones deth stomper harvest 001.JPG deth stomper harvest 002.JPG deth stomper harvest 005.JPG deth stomper harvest 006.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Update:HAZKS harvest fit in these new jars i found for $2 ea..think i'll p/u another 5 in different color for the DS harvest HAZKS jarr'd 001.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Update: Tomorrow morn the harvest of DS should be dry and ready to be finish trimmed ,weighed. and divided..meanwhile this wk is wk 4 for the indr plnts..i think they may be getting a little limish so i gave them btl nutes to supplment the soil's natural stuff..gotta chk the outdr tomorrow morn and wtr GS turbibg a little limish 001.JPG GS turbibg a little limish 002.JPG GS turbibg a little limish 003.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update: Did the weigh out of the dried DS this morn..total was 8oz frm 7 plnts..my share 4 oz..not bad..the kyrptos are doing well veggin and the GS are flwrng strongly..the indr plnts i gave nutes to are lookin pumped deth stomper harvest 007.JPG deth stomper harvest 008.JPG deth stomper harvest 001.JPG deth stomper harvest 002.JPG deth stomper harvest 003.JPG deth stomper harvest 004.JPG aftr getting btl nutes 001.JPG aftr getting btl nutes 002.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looking good Doc.. Nice find on that scale..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Plnts are lookin pumped up frm the nutes this morn and got 7 oz in jars so far wk 5 001.JPG wk 5 002.JPG pot larder 001.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Update: Wrk'd in the SA early this morn..moved the curtain rods dwn and then used S hooks to pull the branches dwn and apart for better coverage to the canopy..tomorrow i'll usse kiddie stools to raise the shorties up into the canopy..the krytpo's are doing well but i killed a hopper on them ..gonna spray with BT for the first time tomorrow..switching up frm azamax..got my soil all ready for amending when i get my soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 003.JPG soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 008.JPG soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 002.JPG soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 004.JPG soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 006.JPG soil to be reamended-SA s hooked 001.JPG stuff on payday

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rolling along here Doc.. Looking very fine..
    BNW

15. Update: Wrk'd in the SA this morn..allthe plnts were good but the big ones..they were wilted but i think they'll bounce bk by tomorrow..wtrd all , fogged, an DE'd all..i'm ordering a 50' extension crd and a reel for it..tired of having to put 3 crds together and then gettin stuck by cactus spines when i coil it up..aftr fogging plus the easier it is to do the more often i'll fog..i amended 10 gals of soil and put it in two bkts..filled the whl barrow with another 25 gals to be amended with manure..it'll go in bkts ready to be used for tp's later this summer in the SA.. wilt cause no wtr 005.JPG as i dumped the pots for recycling i found the roots in the 6 gals using the 1 gal to 3 gal tp were stellar..guess i'm doing something right wilt cause no wtr 004.JPG wilt cause no wtr 003.JPG wilt cause no wtr 001.JPG wilt cause no wtr 002.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Morning Doc..
    Getting the last of the bits done before the cup weekend..
    BNW

17. Update: the indr garden starts into wk 7 tomorrow..getting yellowing which i think is either a def, light burn or genetics as the orginal plnts did the same thing and these are clones 2nd generation of them..could be pot size too idk but the bud is not affected..hairs are reddish and starting to retract with 22 days to go i'm gonna just let it ride..use tap wtr to the end
    The SA is doing nicely..the Kyrptos are grwng quickly no sign of sex yet but what with timing and space i'm ready to have 3.5 ' plnts aftr the flwrng plnts are harvested..figure i can pull the two shelfs and have the pots sitting on the grnd..doubt i have 5 fems but i could fill the space entirely wall to wall with 6 gal pots..the canopy on the flwrng plnts is doing great and all the plnts are sharing the light making a two layer canopy all 5 should be ready at the same time..end of or middle of aug idk.
    I'm reamending my soil with manure from the two harvests i just had..decided i will stor the soil in jugs previously used for rain wtr..they were too unweildy for use with wtr foggin da gurls 002.JPG foggin da gurls 004.JPG foggin da gurls 005.JPG jugs to be repurposed 003.JPG jugs to be repurposed 004.JPG

18. Update the outdr gardens are doing very well..the kyrptos may be shwng sex i'll chk in the morn..GS are doing their thing..i'm pleased just wtrng and fogging..my chiller arrived today..very sweet unit i will play with tomorrow ..once i know it wrks i'll put it away till sept..i chk'd the bud in ugly cab under the scope and it should be ready to harvest nxt wknd indr outdr 001.JPG indr outdr 002.JPG indr outdr 003.JPG indr outdr 005.JPG indr outdr 007.JPG indr outdr 008.JPG indr outdr 009.JPG chiller arrives 001.JPG

19. Update:Chk'd the SA this morn for sex on the kyrptos ..found 1 fem , 1 male, and a herm..other 2 no signs yet..this is perfect cause i only have rm for 2-3 plnts out there..i need 5 cuts from them for the nxt wave..pop them in the cloner..gonna harvest ugly cab nxt sun and am hoping to get at least 3oz when dry..
    I'm runnin a load test on the chiller..ran it for 24hrs and now i'm going to run it with the thermo couple interface for another 24 hrs..i'll be using it with the interface so the pump and chiller don't have to run 24/7 continuously..bth together make heat and the chiller is 200w..thass a lot of pwr and i want lo profile since i don't pay for it..i reorganized my grw cave so my soil jugs will fit..after i harvest nxt wk i'm going to start a nu thread with nu title that more reflects what i'm doing..i don't grw ""JJ Style'' anymore as i have moved beyond that plus i don't use southrn stars seeds anymore..now i'm a rennaisance type guy..do it all hydro and soil so the title nds to reflect that sexing the kyrpts- rearrangeing the grw rm 001.JPG sexing the kyrpts- rearrangeing the grw rm 002.JPG sexing the kyrpts- rearrangeing the grw rm 009.JPG chiller load testing 002.JPG

20. Update: Turns out i have 3 fem Kyrptos..the indr pair of GS were harvested ystrday morn instead of sun and are air drying in collanders..feels great to have all the gear shut dwn nice and quiet..temps in the apt dwn by 8 degrees without a/c..still hot but much better.. harvest morn 002.JPG harvest morn 005.JPG harvest morn 006.JPG harvest morn 004.JPG outdr gets MB 001.JPG outdr gets MB 002.JPG

• Like Like x 2