Dr M Goes Back To The Future With FC-3000 Frm Mars-Hydro

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Welcome in y'all..ya i'll be testing this nu lite frm mars-hydro..i got a history wit these guys..if you go bk to this thread Dr Mengle's perpeptual grow for the handicapped 12 yrs a go you get the thread title inference..just so you know that i know sooo much more now than i did bk then..i won't be makin the same misstakes..the chmbr is set to go..seeds are a germing ( orange bud and cali/orange)..lite should be here mon..until then take a peek at that thread its entertaining DSCN3870.JPG DSCN3871.JPG and a preview of whats to come..you know the overnite success that took ten yrs

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Can't wait to see and hear some first hand stuff about the FC300. I need a good board light for vegging and seed starting. I FINALLY jumped to proper LED's for my main area, seems like a mini board light would be the perfect replacement for my 25w 2ft T5

Nevermind, are you talking the FC3000?

I think I'm getting mixed up with the SF 300 from spider farmer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hah! you probally right i'll go bk and fix that..stoner mistake

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. i think he means the FC 3000. He's just a stoner is all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. You guys know anyone here off hand that uses the SF 300? OR could recommend a 'starter' light in the LED world.

Have you seen the KS3000 from Vipar? It just released and tests just dropped, it's a damn nice light.

6. well about a strtr lite..think you find that the advances inn gear are comin so fast that its tricky..why spend big $ for options that will become std inn the nxt generation..every piece of gear in the 2012 thread is now complettely obsolete..UPGRADES are always goinng be needed

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amazon lists two different configurations of FC 3000 and FC E3000 but not and FC 300 was wondering if one of those was what you are cranking up?

• Like Like x 1
  8. the upgrade i'm anxious to test is the dimmer switch that goes dwn to 25% illumination..rather than just veg or flwr ..thass big compared to 10 yrss ago when you had to hv a seperate lite for strts

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok went bk and chk'd ..it definitely is the FC 3000 and i will correct the thread title

10. I went from old school boxed fanned LED lights to a dimmable board light this year. Still can't believe I didn't switch sooner. The dimming is beautiful. Hence why I'm in the market for another. Silent, cool, and throwing off more light than I know what to do with :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Couldn't believe I flowered with this GIANT phlizon. Hot hot hot, loud loud loud, and heavy. I took a closer look at it and it actually has burn marks on the board and on some of the diodes. Drew 310w and sounded like a jet engine.

managed to replace it with this cheap chinese unit for $100. Way more diodes, way better diodes, and not a bad power supply, it's no meanwell, but looked into it, and still decently efficient, and has all the good ratings. I can run it from 90 up to 290, but not sure if a budget 250w driver should be driven that hard, she's been almost all the way down since I hung it up.

IMG_5189.JPG IMG_5190.JPG IMG_5182.JPG IMG_5180.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. exactly...i don't wanna run big ass fans or deal wit the noise

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. definitely a upgrade in your future methinks

14. Yeah the better lighting has really made life easier in the grow area, less heat to deal with, less noise, and less shitty growth. I'd get another of the same light but don't think I'll catch another sale like that.

I think it's likely this new board light I got will eventually turn into an auto and veg light in my 3x2 tent...

I REALLLY like these bar style lights, I'm seeing myself flowering with one in a 3x3... Just seems like the sweet spot for space, growth, and light coverage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I passed up a used one back in the fall, not sure why, can't remember. Looking back now I should have got it. Prices aren't as good here in Canada but yeah the SP150 would be a good pick for a veg area

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Still unsure which version you're working; I'm cranking up a run with a similar fixture (SP 3000 @300 w)- slimline form factor rather than square. Will be running two sprouts on a 12/12 from seed in there against six on my normal 18/6 schedule in another cabinet. While this assessment is underway I'll be flowering other ongoing efforts in the three smaller cabinets I maintain for extended veg. Have just begun to creatively structure this one to deal with the tighter confines of this box running a Mars Hydro TS600 @100 w paired with two 300 w UFOs (bought in 2017 unsure of actual draw).
    IMG_20220318_232717.jpg
    I've got another more robust effort in a slightly larger cabinet with a Spiderfarmer SF1000 @ 100 w flanked by 100 w COBs on short hours followed by a younger set under another Mars Hydro TS600 buffered by a cheap set of 100 w SMD boards that are vegging for a little while longer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Win because cat content. Are the TS600's worthy lights? I hear guys talk crap about them trying to flower a big area, but I see them so cheap, that it's gotta be a good veg light? They aren't dimmable tho are they?

18. I'm following along! Notifications are hit and miss with me and GC so just give me a bump in the other thread if I go missing. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Very simple units with no driver or dimming capability but around half the price of the similar SF unit. I had all three of them coving the same space as the new system and flowering was no problem. Judging from how well the younger plant is taking to the new light, my best harvests are yet to come.
    IMG_20220317_202710.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1