Dr Diddles first ever PC grow - AK48 - Please read!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dr Diddle, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Update for today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Topped and tied her down a bit

Attached Files:

3. Lookin good!

4. id forsureeeee switch those lights out for some spiral cfls bulbs i know those are cfls but the lumens are shit... get some 42w ones trust me they are worth it

5. #85 Dr Diddle, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Trust me man I wish I could, but these were the only ones I could find without having to pay postage from the states! (which is always way overpriced) :(

I think the pc grow will be a temporary setup, to see how I go. If this goes well, but i only get a low yield (which I do expext) i will probably go for a closet grow with a 150w hps setup.

+ thanks Chiroman.

6. Here is an update, with a question as well.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently topped her.
    Do these pictures show that the plant is recovering correctly? Is what I'm seeing what should be happening?

One day after topping:

[​IMG]

Two days after topping:

[​IMG]

Here is a full shot as of 10 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

Peace!

7. First off, plants are looking good!

About the topping, yes, you did it correctly because two new growth is coming out.

One question, when do you plan to start flowering, I hear they can tripple in size when flowering. Keep up the good work!

8. I am due to start flowering around the 6th of september.
    That will be 4 weeks since the plant sprouted (so hopefully gender will show during veg around then).

I will be buying a wide tray for the plant to be transplated inso then I can LST her in a rectangle arrangement (I know what I mean in my head - hopefully it'll work!)

Thankyou for bringing this point up, however I've taken this into account and feel my solution should work... I hope.

9. I wouldn't trust that method to work, I've been vegging both my plants for over a month and they still don't show sex. Just a heads up so you don't waste valuable time.

10. #90 Dr Diddle, Aug 26, 2011
    Okay Savage, thanks for the advice. I read some people saying flower after 4 weeks and some saying wait til gender shows during veg.

Should I aim to switch at around 4 weeks, or stretch it out to about 5?

Thanks for the heads up

11. Here's to the weekend bro's.

From DD and juicy jay.

Haha! :D

Attached Files:

12. I've tried to grow every way known,and i can tell you now that your plant will outgrow that space well before you're finished.Any plant will tripple in size within 2 weeks of having the photoperiod changed. You're pc grow will only be good for rooting clones. Hear me now and believe me later. Power compact lights work pretty well, but you're not gonna yeild much worthwhile bud from 60 watts. IMHO its just not worth the risk.Step you're game up to an aircooled 250 watt hps and use a 5 gallon bucket to to hold your plant. in a very small area i would use DWC (deep water culture) or NFT(nutrient film technique) coupled with SCROG( screen of green)technique to max out your area.With a small 250 watt setup and a screen you can easily pull 115 grams out of 4 square feet.

13. This is all a test! Not taking this particularly seriously... I just want to learn how to look after a cannabis plant for now.
    I do plan to build a tall cabinet next, to go under my stairs (closet) so I will consider those methods you mentioned.
    Thankyou for your recommendations and advice, schmoe.

14. Today after more tying down.

Attached Files:

15. Gonna tie down some more tomorrow and sort the large tray to transplant into.

Also, plant is doing well after being topped (see pic)

Attached Files:

16. #96 msad420, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
    nice if i were you id put a cfl right over top of the brand new tops would reallly help them get started dont lst until those tops have grown a few nodes

if i were you i wouldve went down 1 more node from where you topped

cuz the 2 new heads 1 of them kinda looks weird

the alternating nodes underneath that have grown out alot more thats where i like to top 2-3 nodes down so that the 2 new heads are already growing nicley.. that way theres no stress cuz the auxins travel easily through to the 2 new heads

17. #97 Dr Diddle, Aug 29, 2011
    Thanks msad, i will bare that in mind next time! There is lots for mr to learn so dropping hints like that really help.

Please don't thread jack...

18. sorry bout that. like i said, i'm a noob. that applies to the site as well LOL. didnt know how to make my own thread untill after i posted this question and found the link :/

any answers though?

19. No problem bro, thought that would be thr case but im on my cell phone and cant type much :)

I unfortunately know nothing about hydro. Post a thread up and someone will have an answer at some point.

20. it's cool. thnx any way. i did and already got a response. turns out i can but ima need some back up air stones lol.