Downstems

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Big Juice, Feb 13, 2015.

1. What kind of downstem should I suggest to my buddy? He recently picked up a 20 inch beaker with a generic straight tube, non diffused downstem, and was looking around for something that'd give better chug/diffusion

I've had stemless for the past year so I'm out of the loop on how far downstem technology has come

2. I went from a generic one to a showerhead downstem and the difference in diffusion was amazing! Plus, I got it for less than 20 at my LHS so it was well worth it. If he can get his hands on one I'd recommend it

3. Word, yeah I've heard good things about showerheads. And $20 ain't bad

Is there any stem design that diffuses better than the showerhead that won't cost $50+?

And how do you guys feel about multi arms

4. i have one that turns into 8 little tubes like a revolver cylinder sort of its nice but gets clogged up a lot where it splits up good with an ashcatcher/precooler.

5. I think multi arms are more parts to break, but they have some good diffusion if they're made right

6. This kid ain't really one for bong maintenance so I guess we're going with the shower head

7. if you want some dope shit you can check out alex k showerhead, sg 180 griddedn downstem, mobius just came made some new matrix downstem. If you are on budget you can hit up SSFG for their all clear showerhead downstem and they are sturdy as a mofo.

8. +1 for the alex k showerhead

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

9. the one i had before my current one was stuck in the joint and when my buddy tried pullin it out he tugged too hard and it smacked off the inside of the joint coming out and snapped off back into the bong r.i.p