Downstem stuck in bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by glasslover420, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Got a bong that I need to get the diffuser/downstem out of it. Someone got it stuck, and even managed to break off the top of the downstem. Can't grab it, could barely even fit a bowl or a/c on it. But its freakin stuck on there. The diffuser is done as far as we're concerned, that can be destroyed getting it out. Chiseled at it for a full hour but couldn't get the freaking thing out without potentially breaking the whole pipe, just crumbled a bit of it.. Little tweezers stuck in and opened couldn't pull it out either after heating it up a bit.

I was thinking about heating up the spot with a lighter and trying to get some ice right on the downstem.. just hoping the downstem shatters. But seems risky. Anyone got a better idea?

2. i had exact same problem and wouldnt come out cause of ice catcher and rubber stopper,i ended up breaking the glass with a screw driver until it was small enough to take the pieces out

3. Yeah got percs in the way too, not coming out the top. But the diffuser is still actually stuck in the bong. Only the top where you can grab it is broken (so far).

4. run some hot water over the joint and then tap it lightly with something

5. Boil it or use oil to loosen it up

6. Try and work soapy hot water in the joint. My bro has always had this problem with his blue dot and that's what he always has to do and just work it till it come out

7. I had this problem, when your downstem gets water locked the harder you pull the tighter it gets, what worked for me is running the joint under really hot water. I then took a wooden spoon and tapped it from the bottom up and it came right out.

8. Hot water and tap it with a wood spoon gently, it'll come out. Be sure you don't get water on the inside of your GonG joint, that's what causes it to get stuck most of the time.