Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

downstem problem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by butterfeet, May 15, 2010.

1. hey my friend recently broke my downstem and he went to buy me a new one today. i have a glass on glass 2 foot double perc. im pretty sure its the 14.4 size and im not sure if the downstem is too long for it, its a beaker bottom and the end of the downstem touches the bottom of the base. i also measured the size of the downstem and its 14.4 and i measured the size of the joint and its 18.8. could it be that its too small? my bowl fits perfectly and its airtight.

2. I dont really get what you're asking. Are you worried the new downstem will be too long/short or what?

3. is the downstem too long is what im asking. it hits like theres not enough water in it or its not airtight but it fits the joint of the bong.

4. your downstem touches the bottom of your bong?
    like the glass clinks when you put it in?

if so it's probably too long by just a hair since you are getting a weird hit from it.

5. yea it touches the base by only a little. would that affect it at all? its diffused too

6. it might be just a bit too long man.
    if you haven't used it yet, try returning it.

or try putting some Chap Stick on the joint, that makes for an air tight seal.

7. fuck, does that chap stick thing really work? so i just put that around the joint.? idk dog im high and this is confusing.

8. i put chap stick on every one of my joints to keep an air tight seal
    plus i've had slides get stuck in downstems before, so it prevents that too