Downstem diffusion question

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Willyummyweed, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I am wanting to buy a downstem for my bong but I am wanting something that will create the most bubbles. Like crazy percolation. Anybody know anything that might help me out?

2. Akex K downstem are nice but I got a lemon and heard about a couple of other people getting them, but I think that was sometime back. Otherwise I would say look at SG gridded downstem or the leisure 6 arm downstem.

3. Like the guy above me said, te alex k showrrheads are fucking nice. Itll run you fifty beans, but its worth it

4. i really enjoy my 5 arm tree perc down stem. it has 5 arms with 2 slits on each and the bottom hole is open. Got it from a local HS so i cant sent you a link :(

5. #5 MonsieurX, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    just got an SG 180 gridded downstem off *******, 60 bucks and very very nice. well worth it if you're trying to spend a "little" bit more. My buddy bought an alex K showerhead last month, also a really nice piece of glass. Those are two winners in my book

**EVERYBODY READ---the asteriks up there^^^ are for "a_q_u_a_l_a_b" "t_e_c_h_n_o_l_o_g_i_e_s" (google it, it's a good glass website). Personally I think it's kind of FASCIST to censor our posts just because we mention a site that's not grasscity. I've spent over 100 bucks on grasscity's site so don't think I'm trolling here, just saying that CENSORING doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the green herb we're all on here for**
    /rant

6. I am thinking an alex k shower head

7. Anybody recommend honeycomb?

8. I was thinking about getting the honeycomb when I was shoppin for downstems. It's 80 tho, compared to 60 and below for alex k quality (or sovereignty for that matter). I feel like that extra 20+ dollars isn't really justified but honestly i dont know from personal experience.

9. Alex k for sure man, my friends already bought two different ones for his bongs cuz theyre so nice

10. I bought a Luke Wilson 6-arm for my straight tube. I love it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ttgV9K7EA]Leisure 6-Arm to Prop - YouTube[/ame]

Afterwords, I bought a Sheldon Black Ash Catcher, and the removable diffuser from that works just as well as the 6-arm for stacking, with just a little less drag, imo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwrYz2dUaVU]Redemption - YouTube[/ame]

My next purchase will be the SG 180* gridded diffuser. A friend already has the Alex K diffy, so I can borrow that when needed. :D

11. Price does not bother me so much as percolation

12. So for maximum percolation what is recommended. Because I seem to be getting mixed reviews.

13. if price isnt an option get one of each! hahaha but seriously I love my SG 180 gridded and get MASSIVE percolation, and the alex k stems are great quality too; can't go wrong with either of those. I'm sure the honeycomb would be a real nice downstem as well, so maybe go with that if the price doesnt bother you. (I really would consider getting one of each though, then you don't have to choose lol)

14. [quote name='"MonsieurX"']if price isnt an option get one of each! hahaha but seriously I love my SG 180 gridded and get MASSIVE percolation, and the alex k stems are great quality too; can't go wrong with either of those. I'm sure the honeycomb would be a real nice downstem as well, so maybe go with that if the price doesnt bother you. (I really would consider getting one of each though, then you don't have to choose lol)[/quote]

:D I think alex k is the winner here. Wish I had all 3 to test before buying though

15. I am also interested in buying alex k, does aqua lab do discreet shipping? sorry if I wasn't suppose to mention other online stores...

16. OP if you want the best percolation possible go with something that is gridded.

gridded>slits

17. Find a custom blower who can make you a gridded showerhead diffy, if price isn't an issue.

18. Alex k for sure.

19. Got my alex k...sooo sick. Mad bubblage haha