Downsides to seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheMatrix, May 27, 2010.

1. Hi,

I was wondering what the downsides are to having a plant get pollinated. What negative effects does it have besides having to pick out seeds before smoking it? Does it somehow decrease THC production?

Thanks.

2. less energy is used...becoming dank, is the term ill use cause i dunno wtf actually happens...but it uses energy making seeds instead of being awesome...simply put

3. Thanks. Does removing the seeds before they're mature help any? Like does it shift some of the energy back to bud production?

4. I don't know 1oo% but I'd say that you can't 'unscrew' your buds after they're pollinated.

5. potency should be about the same but the yield will be much less. this is because the plant puts its energy into making seeds instead of making flowers.

i wouldnt try to pick the immature seeds out. probably do more harm than good.

6. yeah, that's what i figured. oh well. :/ :| :(

7. man that shit is horrible, its basically gonna be awhole bunch of pods, like when the seeds come out, itl basically be like a hollow shell, you can smoke it, it just wont taste that good.
    id just make hash with it

8. and the winner is....... DING!! DING!! DING!!!

there is almost no potency loss because of seeds..only waste is in your final weight, and time spent cleaning em out..

that being said .. unless your breeding , why would you want to have to clean your buds.. I love the ability to just "Fill N' Chill" :smoking:

my .02

9. Yep, some of the volume that would have become smokable bud instead became seeds. After you clean them out you have less left.

10. Wait so can u prevent it from making as many seeds?

And you said it affects volume, does it affect the mass of the plant?

11. Needless to say, we're talking accidental here, not something deliberate. Hence the frowny faces. :(

12. lol you lose some yield...but you get the ability to grow many more plants if you have the time hahahahah... and if you arent cloning or anything for quick harvest