Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downsides of Shrooms

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by nickydigital, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol thank you!!:confused: :confused: I am not a bad person, i am a drug dealer, nothing different then most people on this site... i figure, they are going to get it somehow, so why not off me. I dont do it to hurt people, and to be honest, i dont ask people to buy them. Its a whole deal of supply and demand. So i aint too sure where you get off calling me fucked up? Think about what your saying.

As for you DarkCreed i wish to quote

\"Advanced Toxicology for Health Care Providers\":

\"psyclobin cubenis causes peripheral caranial purfusion and general hemmorahagic effects in the subarachnoid layer causing a minor hematoma. along with decreased vasal response, a tachycardiac trigger causes the walls of the arachnoid vessels to leak blood onto the surrounding tissue. The elevated cranial pressure in the arachnoid layer contributes to the focal neurological defects that accompany the toxic effect of psyclobin\" (page 243 paragraph 4)

I rest my case

FLEX

2. I just think it\'s a little weird how you say how mushrooms are so bad for you, but instead of trying to teach people not to use them, you sell them the stuff.

3. dude... weed is bad for you....everyone sells it, why would i educate a cause that i make money off of?? think about that man... i aint forcing no one to buy it.. i merely have some on me, and if they choose to take some... thats not my fault..

i can honestly say i have NEVER done shrooms.. i know what they do to you, i have no interest in doing them

FLEX

4. Can you put all that stuff about your brain bleeding on shrooms in lamen terms? :smoking:

Or do you have a source?

5. sure thing

\"psyclobin cubenis causes peripheral caranial purfusion and general hemmorahagic effects in the subarachnoid layer causing a minor hematoma. along with decreased vasal response, a tachycardiac trigger causes the walls of the arachnoid vessels to leak blood onto the surrounding tissue. The elevated cranial pressure in the arachnoid layer contributes to the focal neurological defects that accompany the toxic effect of psyclobin\"

\"psyclobin cubenis causes peripheral caranial purfusion(increased blood flow to the brain) and general hemmorahagic effects(bleed) in the subarachnoid layer (3rd layer of the brain) causing a minor hematoma (small bleed that goes \"hard\"). along with decreased vasal response (viens in the head become flaccid...weak), a tachycardiac (increased heart rate) trigger causes the walls of the arachnoid vessels to leak blood onto the surrounding tissue. The elevated cranial pressure (increased pressure on the brain) in the arachnoid layer contributes to the focal neurological defects (\"high feeling\") that accompany the toxic effect of psyclobin\"

hope that helps

FLEX

6. Okay lets put this into perspective. 30% of all brain hemmoraging is likely to casue at the very leats a miner anurism, 50% of all hemmorage caused anurisms often casue a life threatening stroke. Now I know people that have done shrooms 100x or more, that would mean the statisticly speaking out of the 100 times that someone has done them, they would have experienced upwards of 15 life threatening strokes...now granted this is all theoretical, but if these statistics are even only half correct then we would still be seeing FAR more mushroom related deatrhs...I am sorry but one source just doesn\'t cut it for me, but i certainly appreciate the information :)

7. i dont know i think there good i live them

8. youre a fucking moron. ive taken 10.5 and then 12 grams dry. the government can edit what goes into those fucking medical textbooks.

this is all bullshit man.

9. isnt blood part of your body so why the fuck would I be scared of my own blood shrooms does not sound dangerous at all just take it in moderation and only take it once or month or every two weeks never every week you\'ll be shroom head:D

10. I thought there was blood in you brain already. Idk, I cant wait till I get some shrooms though!!

11. Umm, im pretty sure there has never been a reported case of psilocybin overdose, since its pretty much impossible. Ive been studying mycology (Psilocybes mostly:rolleyes:) for 3 years now, and i know my facts when it comes to psilocybin.

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/25276

I know hundres of people that have done mushrooms hundreds of times. Their brains are just fine. What the hell are you talking about??? Dont go spreading false info to people just cause you read something out of a book.

12. actually psilocybe is one of the safest drugs in existence, if you were wondering the health effects.

13. dont wanna break the fun . friend of mine took an overdose when she was depressed . she totaly went wrong . now and then she gets the panic attacks , very frightfull to see . she just crawls up in the corner of the room sits their crying and hauling at everything she sees . So never ever take shrooms when ur happy and exited , specially when ur alone

14. Well, penicillin is actually the biproduct of the fungus penicillium, not the fungus it\'s self. There\'s no difference between fungus and mould. Penicillin is made by growing penicillium in a huge tank. The fungus dribbles penicillin into the liquid medium as it grows. There\'s a big \'sludge wheel\' at the side of the tank to scoop all the goop off the top. :D

But Maestroelite is 100% on about the people around you. If you have a \'square\' or someone down on drugs and generally being outgoing, they\'ll just get you down. Because you\'re already doing something naughty / illegal, these kind of people will make you feel paranoid, because you\'ll constantly be thinking about them not liking what you\'re doing or that they might tell someone like a cop that you need help.

Being on shrooms will make you look and act a lot like you\'re drunk. You\'ll slur a bit, not be totally okay at walking and judging distances, not be able to put together sentences properly or be able to put them together but they\'ll be totally out of context or just altogether stupid sounding etc. So if you\'re in school, somewhere else where you shoudn\'t be drunk or people have been with you for a few hours and not seen you drinking, you\'ll stand out; you\'ll go from normal to \'drunk\' state over an hour or so without having drank anything. And unlike being drunk, you\'ll be 101% aware of the people around you and what they might be thinking.

I definitly wouldn\'t do that myself, specially if it\'s your first trip. I prefer no to have anything remotely negative or scary in my short term memory. So I\'ll avoid watching scary things for a week or so before.

I usually have some happy music on as well, like Jamiroquai.

I\'ve found that a really cool light effect to have going is one of those \'oil slick\' type lampshades, the dichroic things that give off a really beautiful rainbow colour as you turn them. I tripped out watching my artex stippled ceiling with that light illuminating it. I saw a lot of faces and things in the artex that looked just like those rainbow / mirror holograms you can get.

He he he he!

Some of the static effect you guys are mentioning could just be due to the way your nervous system works normally, like background noise. If I walk into a totally dark room I see speckles of colours and things sometimes but it\'s not much to do with shrooms, it\'s been there all my life and I expect almost everyone sees something similar.

The lasting effect of shrooms I noticed was that for a while after, and ever so slightly months later, I was more aware of things around me. Kind of like if you watch a really scary film and then for a week after you\'re constantly listening out for noises and things moving that shouldn\'t be. It wasn\'t unpleasant, just different. That wouldn\'t be a direct effect of the shrooms themselves, they\'d have long been broken down, but a memory effect from my own brain.

\"40kg of raw LSD and a whole load of ingredients in various stages of production, how do you plead?\"

\"Personal use your majesty\"

Apparently there\'d only been 4 busts on functioning LSD labs, 3 of which involved these guys. :D

Still, the sentences they got were terrible... life.

I liked the kind of magical glint their eyes had in the photos of them. They mentioned how they used to take vallium before working on the lab and sometimes helpers would end up tripping balls just from the vapours in the air.

An interesting place to build a lab, the silo setting looked very Hollywood.

I\'ve never felt depressed when taking hallucinogens other than the time I smoked some weed with a friend half way through, which bump started a trip from some truffles we\'d eaten. I\'d been saving them for a loooooong time for him (2 weeks) in a portable fridge, but the potency had still taken a beating. They were practically dead by the time we ate them but smoking the weed started things up. The next morning I felt particularly angry about things and down. So I\'d recommend keeping things simple and just sticking to shrooms, on a first trip at least.

Also, setting is critical (see comment about \'squares\'). I\'ve tripped a few times in public and pretty much universally not liked it. You\'re constantly thinking \"shit, people can see I\'m on something\" and worrying about what\'s going to happen. You also don\'t want to look stupid infront of people so you have to fight against some of the trip\'s effects, which increases the angry / upset / depressed / paranoid feeling.

For instance, on one trip I thought I could hear mossies near me and my skin was tickling. But I was sitting in someone\'s garden at night with two other people and didn\'t want to look stupid swatting imaginary mossies. I woke up the next morning with mossy bites. It was funny, last time I posted this story someone posted something identical, at exactly the same time, about how his tripping friend had spent the night swatting clouds of what he thought were none existent mossies.

The point... if I\'d been at home, I could have reassured myself that the mossies weren\'t actually there.

I find that tripping by myself, at home is always the most relaxing. Tripping in public, or with others, always raises expectations and worries about things happening. Even if something goes wrong, the people around you are unlikely to be much help anyway. And that\'s assuming you even feel as though you can explain it to them (specially if they\'re not tripping themselves or have never done so). People who haven\'t tripped are pretty much useless \'sitters\'. I would only feel happy tripping with someone who was totally into it themselves. Tripping for me is about being able to lie back and chill out, not watching for effects or trying to act tough and ignore the effects so\'s not to look stupid; which is probably a bigger problem in the UK where we have a very strong attitude that says you should be drinking 6 pints of strong beer and not be in the least bit drunk, less you be called a wimp.

Interesting...

I read Neuron, a medical journal published by Cell for neuroscientists, and I\'ve been in contact with people discussing and working on neural interfaces, so I have some rough understanding of brain function.

The effects of shrooms comes almost entirely from their interference with the neurotransmitter serotonin. The psilocilin / psilocybin molecules are a very similar shape to serotonin, a lot of hallucinogens have an indole ring type shape to them that mirrors serotonin, so they fit into the same receptor sites in the synapses of your CNS. Because they\'re not identical, the impulse transmission is distorted, creating the hallucinations.

The serotonin receptors will get a working out during this period so it is reasonable to expect either a positive or negative effect on emotion immediately after a trip. Personally, I don\'t feel any different in terms of depressive emotions. Neither have I heard of many people who do to any serious extent.

The psilo* molecules in the synapses are quite rapidly broken down by the body and discarded. I don\'t believe any of the breakdown products are toxic (in the deadly poison sense). Alcohol breaks down into an aldehyde before it\'s completely broken up, which is pretty poisonous and the cause of the terrible hangover feeling.

I\'ve never read anything about shrooms and bleeding in the brain in the five or more years I\'ve been reading about hallucinogens.

I\'ve read barely anything about blood pressure in relation to hallucinogens in general, the only mention I\'ve seen was in Hoffman\'s journal notes about his first experience on LSD, in which he says that the doctor took his blood pressure and read it as normal.

Precisely.

I\'m pretty much 100% sure that, even if this is true, it\'s probably at the LD50 of shrooms or above.

I would also suspect that the book is either a.) accidentally wrong b.) he\'s made it up c.) someone has purposefully tweaked the book (although I don\'t see why they\'d do that if only medics read it)

Alternatively, he (or the book) may even be talking about amatoxins, which are very poisonous. Although, as I understand it, amatoxins target the liver and cause amine poisonining, like overdosing on paracetamol.

15. Only dowside for me is that they taste like shit, and the next day I fell kin of retarded.

16. I don\'t really see any donwsides to shrooms. But maybe that a trip sticks out in your mind and makes you think kind of odd thoughts for about a week. Thats what happens to me. A really great trip will stand out in my mind and make me kind of wonder about the things I thought were true till I get my head strait. Man, I love shrooms, they are so great. The strange thoughts are totally worth the introspective trip and being seemingly crazy for about 4 to 6 hours is fine with me.

17. I\'ve never actually tried shrooms, but I\'ve just started growing them (Golden Teacher, they\'re supposed to be incredibly easy to grow).

So far the downsides that I\'ve read so far seem to be average of most drugs (except mary jane, obviously - she is wonderful), and they\'re easy enough to grow to be worth the risk to me.

One question, though, how much do you think I should sell them for? I can\'t eat them all by myself, and I\'m a bit short on cash.

18. Around here I sell mine for 15 a gram.

19. $20 an 1/8. $40 a 1/4 ^15 a gram is expensive

20. That is what everyone else around me charges and I provide a superior product. But if I know the person or they buy alot it gets a little cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.