Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downsides of Shrooms

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by nickydigital, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy Krueger on shrooms you are much braver than I. I watched the labrynth on shrooms that was pretty insane.

2. I do know of one physical downside, which I am still currently experiencing. Some people get HPPT (I think thats what it\'s called), which is visual distortions and shit that last a LONG time after tripping, if not then forever. After I shroomed for the first time (only 1.8 grams) I noticed a layer of static over everything. It\'s barely noticable, and only really noticable in a dark room or when you look at something of one solid colour, but it\'s still pretty damn annoying. I\'ve also got others that come and go, but the static is the most consistant. Personally it was worth the trip I had for this minor visual distortion, but it may not be worth it for you, so just be aware that it\'s a possibility.

3. I\'ve had that static for as long as i can remember.. not really sure what it is, or why i\'ve got it though.

4. nah im allergic to pennicillin and i never had a problem with shrooms.

id say the only \"downside\" to shrooms is this: if you\'re already depressed, repressing anger, or predispositioned to having any kind of mental or emotional disorders running in your family, shrooms can magnify that in a scary way.

for instance, when i tripped and walekd around the city, i became a raving lunatic who was trying to spit on every square who walked past me. that could have been dangerous in retrospect ha. i scare myself sometimes

5. man this thread really makes me wanna get some shrooms lol. i had the static effect for the longest, but i never did shrooms before. also, for some reason, once i was taking a piss in school, and there are two chrome bars on both sides of the toilet on the stall walls. well, if i looked straight at the toilet, the two bars would flex sideways amd shit, but when i looked at em directly, they stayed still and straight. that shit doesent bother me at all, i wouldnt mind having distortions for the rest of my life, it would keep shit interesting.

6. The only downside I can see to shrooms is that they can be expensive for a trip. $25 - $30 around here for an eighth of some great booms, cid runs freely as well. Where I am now is one hour away from the site where the largest LSD bust in history was made a couple years back (that was in Wamego, KS).

7. True, shrooms can be expensive(I\'m back down to earth). I much prefer them to acid, but I just do them when my buddy gets his crop in every few months. The only thing I don\'t like about them is the coming down when you\'re incredibly reflective on how meaningless everything we do in life really is.

8. Fucking exactly. You completely read my mind with that statement dude, last time I came down from shrooms I felt like life was meaningless, and that I was just a crotch stain on the pants of society, which are disturbing thoughts to have. It was really weird, took me forEVER to fall asleep, too. Still worth it, though. :smoking:

9. like everyone else said:

Mood, Setting, and Dose are all very important things to consider.

And when you are coming down from shrooms, many people get depressed because the Psilocybin (the drug) of the mushroom is very very similar to Seratonin and works off of Seratonin receptors. Seratonin is the chemical many depressed people have problems with in their brain, and when you take magic mushrooms you deplete these receptors, thus you become depressed afterwards.

This is the reason I stay away from phycadelics. So know yourself, know your surrounding, and know your dose, and above all be careful.

10. never really tried shrooms but thats the same with extacy when you come down you feel like shit I swear I smoked like 3 jays in one hour cause I was feeling so shitty and the next day is the worse no food or nothin till the end of the day but just to let you know im not promoting extacy I hate poppin pills but I might do it one last time when my crop comes in so I can experience candy/hippyflippin anyone do that before

11. woaah, you guys are apparently very uneducated (medically) about what shrooms do to your body.

First off, lemme state that 7grams of shrooms on you is grounds for a jail term for \"man slaughter\". Secondly, you are injesting a poison...thats what is giving you the \"high\", finally, y\'all know how shrooms work? they make your brain bleed...thats where the high comes from..increased cranial pressure (higher then normal pressure on the brain surface) causes you to \"see shit\"..thats where the \"trip\" comes from

thats how they work...downside? brain bleeding. I aint gonna discourage y\'all from eating em because i grow and sell them..so i mean... eat all you want.. just so you know whats happening to your body

FLEX

12. hmm or maybe the seratonin becomes that way BECAUSE of the thoughts you are having. not the other way around. that makes a lot more sense to me.

13. is it the weed or is this guy REALLY FUNNY, LOL!
    increased cranial pressure.. whoa that sounds scary. a cranium is just your head and from the sound of you i doubt there will be any bleeding going on around there.

14. lol, i am in paramedics my friend, i am well versed in medical terms and the effect on the body...i have to know about the drug patterns on the body and how to treat it, so when one of you fools pop too many, i have to know whats going on in your body. Basic Toxicology, increased cranial pressure? Yes that is very scary, think of your skull as a full box... you shouldnt be adding anything more to it...anything else added (ie, blood) creates pressure on the brain and compresses it. secondly, i grow and sell shrooms and have NEVER done them. I am not a heavy drug user.. i smoke pot, yes, i dont do other drugs. so no, my brain has never blead... if that helps clarify it

FLEX

15. Here is some info on shrooms and effects on your body and brain.
    How do shrooms work?

I got that from http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/7910

Research undertaken in Switzerland shows that psilocybin stimulates glucose production in the right, frontal cortical regions of the brain. They call this effect \"right brain hyperfrontality\" (Lyvers, 2003). Researchers presume this reflects a strong activation of excitatory 5-HT2 receptors in the cortex. This supports other research showing that LSD\'s hallucinogenic effects are related to stimulation of these receptors(Vollenwieder, et al., 1997). In summary, both LSD and psilocybin, along with other serotonergic hallucinogens, act on several subtypes of 5-HT receptors, with the 5-HT2 subtype most closely related to the drugs\' hallucinogenic effects.

There are tons of people on shroomery\'s forum who have done shrooms well over 100+ times and they all seem to be doing just fine.

Edit: Flex can you get more scientific and back up your claim? I find it very hard to believe that a bleeding brain will cause you to trip.

16. I\'ve heard from a few people that that whole brain bleeding idea was just a myth.....of course I could be wrong.

17. Wow, you are WAY off...In fact you seem to be the one that is not only seriously uneducated on the effects of shrooms, but also very niave and prone to most likely believe any and all propoganda the govt throws at you. The \"high\" is caused by the active tryptamines distorting nueral transmissions and also playing around with the seretonin lvl\'s and areas of your brain. Is it a healthy exercise? no more so than smoking pot...but is it more dangerous than pot? nahhh, not unless you are already seriously mentally ill, but the same is said for marijuana. But by no means does it cause your brain to bleed, I mean come on, that old wives tale was said about Acid, now shrooms? when are the children and uneducated fools going to stop perpetuating this nonsense?

18. woahh, alright bro, you may think all you want about the brain bleeds but it has been MEDICALLY DOCUMENTED that every time you pop a shroom, you dliate the cappilaray beds in the subarachnoid space of your brain causing blood to seep out..

Fuck dude, i know its a chemical high, but the destort imaging also comes from the pressure..

Jesus, if i knew y\'all would rip into what i said, i would have never fucking opened my mouth... come on, all i am doing is dictating STRAIGHT from our toxicology books and dude, if you want to argue with anyone, do it against the medical professors who have come to that conclusion, and by all means do it... frig...

you want to know what? i wont even justify that with an answer

FLEX

19. Flex, if you say all of this bad shit about shrooms is true and then grow and sell them, you are a really fucked up person.

20. Flex, I was not saying anything against you, other than that I feel you have fallen for more govt created propganda, but I do completely wholeheartedly disagree, and am dissapointed that someone who says they are a medical student would believe this stuff, but all good man, you have a right to your opinions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.