Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downsides of Medical Marijuana in MI

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MinusKrill, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Im 18 years old and have bad back pain from years of football and rugby. My doctor has suggested physical therapy but I denied it. Im looking to get my Medical Marihuana card in michigan, but I was wondering what is the downsides. Im going to college to become an RN but im not sure if getting legalized will decrease my chances at getting a job. Also there is dispensarie that does 100 dollar certifications, does that mean I can get recommended there instead of my traditional doctor? Thank You. :smoke::wave:

2. Well your dr told u phy therapy and u said no. Good luck getting your card now. U just said no to that give me the pain pills. Back pain. Come on man. Stop trying to game the system and make the rest of us real mmj users look bad.
    Sounds like those people that are like man I don't go to bed till 3 am I have insomnia give me my card. He gave u a real option on fixing your problem and u would rather say u are a sick person that need mmj for the pain thanks
    Bro. Keep fighting the good fight.

3. No, I said no to physical therapy cause I dont have the money for it. Im currently prescribed pain killers already for my back. Im not "fucking" the system. I have severe back problems and a spine in the condition of a "80 year old male" from my chiropractor.

4. [quote name='"MinusKrill"']No, I said no to physical therapy cause I dont have the money for it. Im currently prescribed pain killers already for my back. Im not "fucking" the system. I have severe back problems and a spine in the condition of a "80 year old male" from my chiropractor.[/quote]

But u have the money for enough weed to smoke every day when that just helps the pain. Or get real help and live the rest of your life better. Hmmm.

5. Currently yes. My back doesnt hurt 24/7 but when it hurts it really hurts. I only currently buy a dime every week.

6. [quote name='"MinusKrill"']Currently yes. My back doesnt hurt 24/7 but when it hurts it really hurts. I only currently buy a dime every week.[/quote]

Don't worry bro u don't have to convince me. I won't tell anyone. Wink wink.

7. ^your a dick. Whats your reason for using mmj? but i wonder the same op, thats the only thing holding me back from getting my rec.

8. i've saved more money by smoking weed BECAUSE of this law. fail on your part.

9. So any downsides guys?

10. If you are becoming an RN, you will be drug tested when getting a job, and most, if not all places will not hire you if you test positive regardless of whether you have a license or not. I would suggest being honest with your doctor, tell him you can't afford the physical therapy, and that marijuana is the only thing that helps you. If he says no, which seems likely, then go to one of the clinics that specializes in it. Regardless though, it would probably be in your best interest to try and get into physical therapy. Pot just masks the symptoms, physical therapy can actually help the problem. Any reputable place will work with you if you can prove you are low-income.

11. Thank you for actually giving input and not being a jack ass. But I'm just worried if I will regret getting my card later on down the road and if jobs will not accept me because it's on my record. I understand the drug tests and realize I will not be able to medicate my self while having a job.

12. It seems like you're concerned about a potential employer finding out you're a medical patient somehow. If that's the case then you don't need to worry, employers cannot look you up in the states medical marijuana system, that information is confidential and primarily used by law enforcement to check if you're a legit patient(there are other reasons but their are confidentiality laws and the people able to look up and store this information are bound by law to keep it secret).

Now on the other hand as a RN you will likely drug tested and that would be your main problem. You could just stop smoking the month or two before you go looking for a job though and you'll be fine.

13. I would definitely also consider looking into alternative physical therapy routes. When I broke my ankle, I was extremely poor and managed to find a great physical therapist who treated me for free for almost three months.

Cannabis WILL help with the pain but physical therapy can not only help repair and strengthen your body but can teach you techniques you can use in the future in case other issues come up.

Good luck!

14. You know, this is a forum. Either take the guy at his word or just don't fucking post. What is your problem? Shut up with your overzealous witch hunt of those that "game the system" FFS

15. Thanks for helping the dude out so I didn't have to type that.

16. Good luck getting your med card man im moving back to michigan in about 2 weeks smoke up all you want man nothin is gonna hold you back. i dont think you can be fired for being a mmj patient