Downpipe Problem!

Discussion in 'General' started by jackh49, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Got a replacement downpipe and the stem is too long! I cant return the item either!

Has anyone ever cut a glass downpipe to shorten the stem?

If so, how did you go about it?

Infact any ideas are welcome ! :rolleyes:

2. Hmm I doubt you are going to get a clean cut but you can try just lightly chipping away at it with a hammer or something. Break off tiny pieces at a time. You might have somewhat of a jagged edge but as long as you rinse off all the broken shards you will be all good

3. Go to a headshop and buy one that fits?

I broke mine and ended up just paying 4.00 to get a new one.

4. Yeah. Don't fuck with glass. You'll always come out disappointed.

5. had a diffuser on the stem so that made it easier to weaken the glass for a cleaner break, I then proceeded to use pliers to chip away some more.

It fits and works perfectly, just tried it out there the now with a bowl of Amnesia.

Thanks Motoxridah your the best and +rep,

The rest of you can go f*ck yourselfs, spending moneys for suckers!

6. awe i read the title and thought it was going to be about a car :(

7. i thought this was gonna be about a car. lol

8. haha, me too.

9. ALWAYS make sure to measure before you buy a downstem, dude. Always, always, always. :p

It would be a pain in the ass to alter it and you might just end up with a broken downstem. How much did you pay for it? Do you have any friends who might want to buy it off of you? :confused_2:

10. No problem my dude, glad it worked out and that downstem didn't go to waste.

11. My buddy just installed a new downpipe in his Speed6

12. those things are fuckin SICK. my dad has one. its ridiculously fast. i hate the clutch in that car though.