Downhill Mountain Bikers

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Dlit420, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Who here loves downhill mountain biking. I just went on a ride today at the local trail here in colorado springs. Not a difficult trail at all. Has two little rock gardens that can be sketch at times. Bet my friend ten dollars I could make it top to bottom in less than ten minutes, So here is the video of me doing it in seven:hello::cool:

Top Of Section 16 To Bottom Red Rocks Parking Lot - 7 Mins - YouTube

Who else here mountain bikes? What do you ride and where? Have any videos to share?

2. Any idea how fast you were going?

You were flying!

3. well i mountain bike but we dont have a legit downhill course here. i ride at dryer road park in victor, ny.

4. Ride a Gary Fisher Fat Possum LX. I'm from SoCal area, ride a lot of trails in Wildomar/Santa Rosa Plateau/De Luz, any trails around me I love to try. No videos yet, but I just purchased my GoPro hero, so I intend to be shooting a lot of footage soon. I bike about 2-3 times a week if possible. Love the sport!

Attached Files:

5. I envy all you rockies and west coast guys. I ride on the east coast, mostly Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania. Currently going to school in Mississippi (worst place ever to ride)

Ive got a kona stuff dj bike. Im not the best jumper, but I can do some moderately difficult sets. I still crash alot, and am always breaking shit though. In fact its in piece right now with jacked up rear brake cylinder, leaking fluid into a grocery bag. lol

If I can ever get up and move out to colorado, I am upgrading to an ibis mojo sl first thing and tearing up every singletrack I can find.

6. [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']Any idea how fast you were going?

You were flying![/quote]

I have no idea. It's a pretty fast trail with jumps that you can simply pump over for more speed. I'd say at one point I was close to 35 or so. Maybe slower, maybe faster.

7. [quote name='"lawlasorus"']Ride a Gary Fisher Fat Possum LX. I'm from SoCal area, ride a lot of trails in Wildomar/Santa Rosa Plateau/De Luz, any trails around me I love to try. No videos yet, but I just purchased my GoPro hero, so I intend to be shooting a lot of footage soon. I bike about 2-3 times a week if possible. Love the sport![/quote]

Sexy bike! I ride a intense uzzi dh. Old Ass bike for sure, its a 98 frame. I really want a dj for the jumps that are closer to home than the mountains.

8. I wish I still rode :(
    Had to sell my bike due to financial reasons.

[​IMG]

It was such a killer bike. The rear shifter was going out as well as the forks so it was kinda time to sell it (had $ issues as well) really would like to get back into riding though

9. Looks dope. Never had the money since I started with freestyle bmx. Always wanted to try this though. Live right down the street from slaughter pen in Arkansas. It's a pretty dope place with lots of trails. Even the schools around here bought bikes for the p.e. classes. Totally not fair though.

10. Yea I ride whistler every summer for a few months. This year I was riding my 2012 TR450. Also ride Vancouver northshore and such. Huge Mtb fan!

11. Going downhilling tomorrow with the gopro, hopefully will get some fresh footage!

12. Post the video here! I live watching a good downhill trail vid

13. YouTube.com/watch?v=uUftOgvUG78

It's hard to tell how fast we were going and the technicality of the trail because of the shakiness unfortunately. My helmet was a little loose so it was bouncing around. :( but all in all you can pretty much get the gist of it! I've hiked this trail plenty of times, but I've never heard of anyone biking it, so we made it happen! We did this run twice, and on the second run I ended up going over the handlebars, got my ankle caught between the handlebars and the frame while I was rolling. It was pretty painful haha, and I got it on video! I plan on posting that one on YouTube as well, when I get the chance. Enjoy!:)

14. I went to red rocks for the first time yesterday. I just walked the trails but today I bought a bike. A nice basic single speed mtb[​IMG]

15. Red rock open space is the shit. Tons of fun trails. Im buying a pair of 2011 boxxer rc forks after work today!

16. [quote name='"Dlit420"']

Red rock open space is the shit. Tons of fun trails. Im buying a pair of 2011 boxxer rc forks after work today![/quote]

Awesome! I had boxxer rc on my old A-line PE, they were an awesome fork. What bike you putting them on?

17. An old intense uzzi frame. I want to buy a new one but money isn't in my favor. Luckily I love the bike. Sadly the forks headtube wasn't long enough to get through the frames headrube. Fuckin bummed.

18. How much did you sell it for if you dont mind me asking? I see a bunch of em on craigslist. and was thinking about getting one as an upgrade.

19. Got em on there and they have ridden great!

20. #20 Blu3B3rryKush, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    im about to put my fox float forks on a trek 4300 frame run it single speed with my hydraulics ... i for see a new dirtjumper in my future.. and im moving to the Rockies soon, trying to sell my bmx and put some money down on something with at least 7 inches of travel