Double Ended Ballast Choice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlackMarketProdOregon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. We have started a commercial grow operation in Oregon, and it is time to pick the best Double Ended light set up on the market (1000W only).
    Gavita are known pro, but Yield Lab has recently beat it in many categories, including PAR, Build Quality, and PRICE!!
    I am running a 277 Volt commercial Electrical service, so i cannot hook up the conventional 120/240 Volt lamps, or ballasts.

Where can i find the Best Light Set Up, and stats on those lights. Everything i find seems to be bias by the company, except this link:

Thank you for your response!!

Black Market Prod.

2. #2 Tbone Shuffle, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    One thing about HPS is that the tech has been around so long to mature when you're talking the top brands you're really splitting hairs. They aren't that much different in output. I mean you say Yield Lab recently beat Gavita but by how much? 1-3%?

That said by far the most common commercial fixture is the Gavita. They have great lines of computer controls for managing commercial ops that other lights might not be able to offer.

Just look at this double ended bulb shootout for an example. They are neck and neck.
    1000w Double Ended (DE) Bulb & Lamp Comparison Review & Test Including: Philips, Gavita, Ushio, Hortilux, and More.
    [​IMG]

3. Thank you TBone, i appreciate the response. I Green Leaf Garden to hook upThe Gavita Pro, 85 of them for a nice discount.. I hope there will be more great herb out there soon.
    Have you heard of Ares Lights HPS? I saw some in a i-502 grow in WA and i cannot find them anywhere else.