dorm room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ace7644, May 6, 2005.

1. ok heres my situation. i want to grow some weed next year after the summer is over, im planting plants outside over the summer and taking clones back to school with me for the fall. now if i dont get an appartment im gonna live back at school again and would have to grow in my closet. my room is on the top floor of my building and my windows face the woods, i only have RA room inspections a few times a year. and also my dorm is like an appartment style dorm where im living with 6 people i know in the apartment and 1 of them lives im my room with me, they wont rat im just trying to give you the picture that im not living in one building with 500 people and RA's that walk by my door all the time. So ANYWAY is it worth the risk or not?

2. i dont know if i could personally trust 6 different people with such information. I doubt in any multi-roomate situation, i could ever be totally chill with all of them.

3. the risk is high. just grow this summer and bring what you harvest back to school. you should have enough to last a while.

4. well as long as ur growing some short (size wise) flowerin plant under ur bed, then dont worry bout RAs.

They DONT wanna find crap that gets you in trouble, because it means alotta paper work and shit for them. In my experience, they will knock on yur door, say its the RA, open your door wiht their key, walk in and say hi, look around for anything (beer, bottlecaps, roaches), then leave.

but yeah i agree, 6 people is too much. one of them is definatly gonna get drunk at the wrong party, and when someone mentions weed he will say the wrong thing - 'yeah my bud in my appt is growin some dude! ill like totally hook u up!'.

5. I second that- both about the RA's (all they do is look around real quick) and the drunken roommate thing (doesn't mean to get you in trouble but just get's drunk and says the wrong thing at the wrong time)

6. ok well heres the thing too i dont really know the other 5 people im living with that well their sort of my friends but not really, and their probably never going top be in my room and they wont even know about it the only people that will have to know about it is my roomate whos been my roomate and best bud for 2 years and my girlfriend of one and a half years. and with the thing about the RA's thats exactly what happens they just come in for a secong and leave,, they never go near my closet because i always have my laundy piled up over there. plus they have to tell us 24 hours in advance when their commin so that will give time to deoterize if need be.

7. i know you are in a hurry to grow your own and stop paying for weed. i feel the same way, but there are places and times for these things. dorms are not the place. too many variables too much at stake. yeah it is possible to do it. if you get caught you will be thrown out of school and your life will be very hard for a while. your best off just waiting until you get your own place, it isn't that far into the future and you have plenty of time to do it. think about the big picture and what the consequences are before you take such a large risk. i am not sure if you have ever been around an indoor grow during budding but it is definatly noticable, esspecially living in such close proximity to others. i am not sure how it is in your dorms but every dorm i have been in does not allow insence which makes thinks much harder.

8. how dense are the woods ur window faces? any chance u could grow back in them?

9. all i can say is, i think it is pretty dumb to try and grow in a dorm man...not at all worth the risk

10. ya im with Tokin id say in ur own apartment id deffinartly go for it but in the dorm no way

11. Dont grow around other people, especially if theres risk of getting caught and thrown out of school, not worth it. Just grow outside I say, thats what i'm doing since I cant grow inside.

12. Agree, not worth the risk. It's not appropriate or fair to the roommates to grow (it's their home too, you put them at risk unwittingly) and conversely they become a huge risk for you. You say they won't go in your room -- really? Not once all year long? And none of them will have friends over, they will never have a party, etc? Maybe they will just innocently be looking for a bottle opener or a condom, you never know. And none of them would ever tell anyone they know? And none of them would ever get busted and then roll over on you to save their own asses?

This little hobby is serious stuff in most places as far as the law is concerned, and it can mess you up big time getting busted. There is way too much out of your control in this situation to take that risk.

13. Or you can try out some masterlow or powerstouts since they finish in like 60-70 days and stay very small.

14. Strapped for time so I didnt read the who thing but I grew in my dorm worked out nice. Just remember for fire alarms and stuff hide it good cuz they can go through your room and deodorizing is a must! BE CAREFUL

15. another thing to remember, and this is for growing anywhere indoors that you dont own, is that the actual owners/landlord/school administration can go through your shit at anytime without a warrant. i found this out when i was in the navy, that anytime theres a supposed "health hazard" they can search wherever and whatever they want. apparently its a pretty simple process for them, just call the board of health and say that theres an odor in the building, and there could be a diseased dead animal in the building. same thing works for high school lockers.

good luck.

16. IMHO, two other people that know is two too many.

17. yeah, i could definately see a problem with growing in a dorm especially if your roommates drink. just the other night my drunk roommate came in when i was smoking in my attic, and started stumbling around, besides ripping down a huge bob marley poster and busting my indoor/outdoor thermometer, he almost fell through the wall (drywall) that hides my grow.

i live with 4 other guys in a house and i have my hands full as it is trying to keep things on the dl. i can't imagine trying to do that with 5 other people in cramped dorm. plus you gotta consider the fact that you're going to have to smuggle everything (lights, pots, soil, ferts) in.

18. i think the smell alone would deter me... even from checking my plant or doing res changes... i can contain it really well in my apt, but leaks happen and in a dorm, you'd be fugged.

19. Worst. Idea. Ever.