Dorm Room Growing On a Student Budget!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenfiend620, Aug 8, 2009.

1. #1 greenfiend620, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    I have been growing bud for two years at an extremely religious college completely undetected and staying within a college kid's budget. This is for those interested in growing 1 or 2 plants a few a feet tall, nothing big. Go to WalMart and purchase 2 Lights of America Sunlight desk Lamps. While there, also buy 1 or 2 planting pots 8 inches in size, smaller if you want. Remember this is for you, not a customer base. Get some 9 month miracle grow potting soil. Lastly, get a simple wall socket timer and an extension cord with two or more inputs at the female end. Fill the pots until you're about and inch from the top with soil, plant your seed about 3/4 inch down into the soil in the middle of the pot. Add about a 1/4 of a cup of water directly on top of the section where the seed is. Do this everyday until it sprouts. Once those bad boys emerge from the soil, allow them time to break loose of their shell. Once you have just a sprout, TURN ON THE LIGHTS!! I tend to run just one lamp ( to reduce heat on the little sprouts) untill they have reached 4 or 5 inches and have substantial growth ( more than just the 2 original pedals) keep the lamp head about 6 inches above the sprouts AND SET YOUR TIMER TO 18 HOURS OF LIGHT AND 6 HOURS DARK!! UNTIL LATER IN THE PROCESS. Out of the very first pedals grown, quickly a new section will arise. Wait until you have 2 to 3 new sections or nodes growing from the first to turn on the other light, it simply isnt needed till now. During this period of growth, the plant is very delicate, I use a spray bottle to water them, using mist mode to prevent damging them with a hard spray. Make sure the soil around them is always moist and if you see them leaning over too much, use popsickle sticks or something to hold them up and I prefer to tie them very loosly to the stick with hemp (like the shit you use to make bracelets, its very soft) but you can use bread ties or whatever, just make sure the tie is just tight enough to suppor them. After a few weeks your plants will start bulking up. At this point turn on the 2nd light in sync with the other one. IMPORTANT: If you are hiding them under a bed, make sure you run a small fan to blow air on them or have it face away from them suck air out, it will get hot down there, fresh air is good for these guys, just use a fan no matter what. I tend to add around a cup of water per plant a day at this point, it greatly depends on your climate, you will be able to tell if they are starve'n, these guys love plenty of water, watch for super dry soil or crispy leave edges forming. Once the stems bulk up and the leaves start looking like marijauna, I tend to put in a a pint of water ( a regular old plastic bottle of water) a day per plant, sometimes more depending. At this point you should be comfortably with know how much water they need. Water accordingly until they reach 2 feet tall, at this point you can begin budding. If you want them bigger, keep the same light cycle. If your like me, and they are get'n to big to control, start a new light cycle. Begin a 12/12 cycle, light for 12 hours and dark for 12. IMPORTANT!!! During this time, they are very sensetive to light, only water when the lights are on, otherwise, keep them in COMPLETE DARKNESS, NOT A SPECK OF LIGHT GETTING IN, OR THEY WILL NOT GO IN TO BUD STAGE OR YOU WILL GET JANKY HERMIE PLANTS WITH BUDS AND SEEDS. After about a week or two of this cycle they will actually begin budding, it takes time for them to figure out the light cycle, be very patient. LET THOSE BUDS GROW AS BIG AS YOU WANT! THEN HARVEST THEM BITCHES, LET THEM DRY IN A PAPER BAG FOR A FEW DAYS TO GET THE CHLOROPHIL OUT( tastes like shit to smoke if you do to soon, chlorophil is nasty) AND REACH DESIRED CRISPYNESS. PACK, LIGHT, ENJOY! PEACE MY FRIENDS! This whole set up will cost you about 60 to 70 bucks, the light bulbs I believe have a 10,000 hour life and use hardly any power NOTE: I wrote this really fast, Im sure I forgot something, please ask any needed questions. Disclaimer: No guarntees of success, please be careful of lamps and fire hazards, I'm not responsible for any mishaps you may encounter.

2. Worst idea ever. I didn't even read the post, just the title. Bad news written all over it.

3. Yeah that sounds dumb as hell. Think of if you got caught. not cool man, not cool.

4. Put the same amount of time into something you can make money at (online poker?) and then use the profits to just buy some dank.

5. Lol, I can understand your immediate thoughts dude. Obviously if you share a room with some other guy, it would be a retarded idea. However I dont, im in a single room in an apartment. Its not at all sketchy. I've grown two plants a semester for 2 years now. You just have to be smart about how you do your set up. I built a custom grow box that constantly sucks clean air in and another fan blows old air out through a set of 4 air filters. You cant even smell them when they are budding. I'm a senior in mechanical engineering, so this kinda stuff comes easy to me. I also have the added bonus of living with 3 Mormon dudes, who wouldn't have the slightest clue I would even attempt such a thing haha. That said, as long as you take the time to make a good set-up, I think that anyone can do this successfully.

6. Can't believe I'm posting again, you need to break long, drawn out rambles like that down to at least a few paragraphs. You say you're in school, come on man. I'm not even going to bother reading all that, so who knows what the point of this is. You say that's not sketch? that is just stupid. If you get kicked caught, say goodbye to school, you'd have to explain that to your parents, you'd be lucky to not receive any legal consequences. why would you risk that, to grow some small plants under cfl's? Is marijuana that imortant to you? Seems to me like you need to be more focused on your book learnin's.:smoking:

7. Re: Dorm Room Growing On a Student Budget!
    Put the same amount of time into something you can make money at (online poker?) and then use the profits to just buy some dank.

My friend, Provo Utah is almost 100% Mormon, I challenge you to find a dealer. When I make my trips back home to Oregon, I stock up. This is just fun for me. I'm simply stating what has worked perfectly for me for a long time.

8. Have someone in oregon fed-ex it to you, people do it allllllll the time.

9. Fed-Ex submits info and works readily with the police.

10. I realize that, but I dont care enough to ask a buddy of mine to take time out of his day to package up weed for me and take it to the fed ex store, so that I can get stoned at his possible expense (getting pulled over or whatev). Sounds like a few of you think I'm in some sort of desperation for bud. I have to wait 4 months to harvest like a half-O, during that time I'm in school, not trying to get stony. The Semester ends -->
    The weed is ready --> I smoke and celebrate --> and I start the process over again. My tiny ass set up is plug and play, I barely do anything. You guys make it sound like Im trying to run an operation under my damn bed lol.

11. We all take risk to accomplish whatever it is that is important to us in life. I say great job for finding a way to do just that!
    Your old enough to be fully aware of the risk, if you get caught (legal,parents and kicked out of school).
    Surprises me how many people respond with a "parental" warning about how stupid you are and how much trouble you could get in...yet they are out there doing some grows in places in the world that can get them slammed away for many years in prison, because it's beyond personal smoke....

Folks, if you thought growing weed was for the drop outs with nothing to loose....think again!
    I know doctors,Manager's, CEO's and people with all sorts of higher education that grow and smoke...I for one not long ago was a Regional Director of Technology at a National Computer Company and now own my own business. I applaud anyone who thinks stealthy and engineers a way to grow and smoke there own buds! It's a very rewarding hobby, like growing food! .....Reefer!:smoking:

12. i'm not saying the dude shouldn't grow. i'm just saying that growing in a dorm is one of the worst possible places to do it. sure, you may have a completely stealthy setup, but if the wrong person finds it accidentally, you just lost your college education.

13. And ANY probabilities of EVER getting a student loan due to Government Regulations.

14. yeah, i didn't even think of that.

15. No one is going to convince this guy not to grow. So we might as well help the best we can.

I would try a single bubble bucket type of setup. Grow 1 really nice plant instead of a few straggly ones. One of those 10" or so high rubbermaid roughneck containers would work great.

16. Damn utah :( Utah sucks.. lol

I say good job on the grow, if you can grow in the dorm, and no one knows or can find it.. keep on doin it, Just keep in mind if some one does happen to smell or hear it, Lets hope you get a heads up first so you can dump the girls ..

but any way :) GL on the grow.. I just started mine up again..

:smoking::smoking:

17. I agree and took that approach right off! Nice to see that positive Karma flowing:smoking:

18. "DORM ROOM" was for the title, it sounded catchy. I live in an apartment. Growing in an actual dorm would be dumb as fuck.

19. well that's good. i don't know why everyone is bashing, someone said "we all take risks"... so

anyways, you got a good general idea down, i would use more lights, stop using mgro, and get some bigger pots... i'd also feed em some nutes.

happy growing ;-)

20. #20 tubro, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    As someone that grew up in Salt Lake City, I find it hilarious as hell to hear about a BYU student growing pot in his dorm. I'm gonna +rep you just for that :hello:

I will say this. Provo might suck, but drive 30 minutes to Salt Lake and you'll have no trouble finding weed. It actually surprises me how much weed there is in Mormon town. I actually LOOKED for schwag once without success. The worst I could come up with was mids. Save a little money and drive to SLC to buy a zip of dank. Then you won't have to risk growing in your dorm room.

*EDIT this is my 210th post!!! that's halfway to 420. I'd better go smoke a bowl!