Dopest video game soundtracks

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by VikingToker, May 26, 2018.

1. Oh yeah,

Kavinsky was on the list ye. I try to avoid anything with lyrics for wargaming, though.

The Blood Dragon soundtrack has the same vibe, but faster paced

The Perfect Dark soundtrack is cyberpunky as fuck imo, I've listed it above I think

Psytrance, have you ever heard of or considered it? Whole genre of glory, there. I was a programmer for a few years, and I loved psytrance for that kind of thinking. It's fast-paced, consistently rhythmic, and has a technological vibe to it; we play it regularly at gaming nights, it's the go-to
    (link @ 4:50) That hurtling through the atmosphere hooked up by neuro-link to a sleek one-man spacefighter -kinda feel

The terran music from starcraft 1 has a space-industrial vibe to it, with a country twist, I'm a big fan

Sneaky music from Metal Gear Solid 1 - the whole soundtrack is fitting to cyberpunk, too, imo

2. Contra

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I also loved all the music from the Zelda games. This specific song always gave me chills. Try it out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Super Mario rpg has always been a favorite of mine. Especially this classic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Elder Scrolls series - Jeremy Soul is a genius. Use it for chilling as the one from Mu Online Private Servers | MuOnline.us as well. And you people keep forgetting NFS Underground and Most Wanted - that was hell of a track list. Still listening some of those tracks. And GTA - Vice City and San Andreas - can listen to it for rest of my life and still be good.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tempest 2000 for the Atari Jaguar has a pretty solid OST. -

Metal Slug, Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania were some titles that really started to impress me with game music, on platform consoles. All of the Mega Man tunes have been catchy as well.

When soldering alot of stuff I just put a large Commodore/Amiga chiptune playlist on random.

Sonic the Hedgehog and a lot of TG-16 game music is great too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. a lot of the mass effect music was pretty friggin good, although heavily recycled by the third game.

vigil is one of my favorites:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fave game soundtracks include Shadow of the Colossus, FF7, FF9, Yoshi’s Island, Mega Man 2, Duck Tales, SOTN... I could go on for quite a while!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Go on the Youtubes and listen to this. This game is awesome.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm a big fan of electronic music. Hotline Miami has my favorite soundtrack for sure.

Other ones i love are Furi, Portal 2, Deus Ex HR, Fallout

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mw2 is way up there. Hans Zimmer is a bad ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hexic HD on 360 has cool background music and sound effects. Age of Empires 2 music rules and so does the music from OG Starcraft.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Hell yeah, still play those soundtracks regularly. I don't play video games so much anymore, and when I do, it's mostly classics

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nier Automata had a near 6 hour soundtrack in the game, the music is fucking incredible and is hands down the best video game sound track of all time in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1