Dopest video game soundtracks

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by VikingToker, May 26, 2018.

1. I've always loved instrumental music, and video game music is up there. What's your favorite VG tunes?

Two of my favorites:

Age of Empires 1 (PC) opening there gets me so damn amped, I used to listen to it on the way to jujitsu tournaments and university exams, full hoplite mode, let's go

Perfect Dark (N64) creeping tech-heavy battle-rhythm shit, goes on repeat for warhammer nights

any specific or weird ones out there?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. fuckye

6. The great Frank Klepacki doing his thing

Iron Maiden doing their thing

• Winner Winner x 2

7. @Macky Handsome best tekken intro or what?

hOw could I forget the great Frank Klepacki

We are going to have to act
    if we want to live in a different world

Announce that out loud in a party to see who the real homies are, and lower your chances of getting your dick sucked by several statistically measurable degrees

• Like Like x 2
  8. How has anyone not yet mentioned Zelda? Like, come on guys get your shit together.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Also, that shit might make you cry it's so damn beautiful. It did me. Listen at your own risk.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Also, basically anything from Chrono Trigger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. all of these are good but Dragon's Dogma is probably my favorite

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. totally into this synth-heavy 90's battletechno style these days

13. I do the same when maxing and/or relaxing

14. Ooh no one has mentioned Shadow of the Colossus yet. Definitely one of my favorites.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is pretty dope, too.

Lastly, not instrumental, but I love the Undertale soundtrack. It's kind of 8-bit instrumental.

Some of the Overwatch tracks are pretty good, too. I personally like Dorado the most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. oshit

I didn't know that. I've been with a tabletop RPG group for about a year, and we play a cyber-punk type game called Chaos 6010 that the DM invented. It's caused me to dig around and find some good ambient, grungy cyber-punk. Lazerhawk is most definitely the best I've found. Not really video game related, but here you go:

• Like Like x 1
  16. fuckye dude I know Lazerhawk! We dig it too

My little group of friends here has gone deep on the game Warhammer 40000, with miniatures and shit? We listen to this kind of music while we play it, Lazerhawk too

17. We never got into Warhammer, that shit is too expensive lol. The game we play is like a dark cyberpunk D&D. Thus, Lazerhawk is fuckin perfect. What else have you come across that's similar? It seems like if you youtube that shit, the sidebar has an endless supply of this stuff. No complaints, I'm just surprised at how much if it there seems to be. Kavinsky is fuckin badass too.

• Like Like x 1