Doors or Pink Floyd?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr. JIMI, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Easy The Doors! Morrison was an amazing poet and had a brillant mind. He led the youth of america though a rough time and probed the bounds of reality. His songs often had deep meaning draw from the war(Five to One, Unknown Solider) to the people he loved(Love Street) and even to his favorite position of sex(Backdoor Man). That is not to say that PF isn't great nor that there music is not drawn from personal experince. The first part of The wall is based on Roger Waters life, some of the other parts are about Syd Barret(sp) I think.

2. Floyd all the way.

3. Doors are probably better musicians in general, and Mr. Morrison writes some amazing lyrics. But Floyd has done so many different flavors of Psychedelic I'd go with them.

4. I cant choose both bands are the shit.

5. i'm gonna have to go with pink floyd, i love both of them, but pink floyd is just a little better to chill out to and blaze.

6. my choice is the doors. Morrison's poetry has a huge influnce on mine. but guys please dont flame on other bands cuz then you disrespect those who listen to them.

7. how dare you say that!!!! Doors all the way! man Jim Morrisons songs make you think...

8. indubitably Pink Floyd

9. Pink Floyd. It's a matter of fact. Pink Floyd is better than the doors.

10. Pink Floyd all the way.

11. Floyd hands down.

12. It was Jim Morrisons Birthday, today.

Floyd, absolutely no question.

13. Good fucking question, Shine On You Crazy Diamond v. Riders On The Storm. Oh shit, this is a crazy hard question, atmospheric chillness would go to The Doors, trippiness goes to Pink Floyd... but damn, IDk.

Edit: Happy Birthday Jim.

14. I'll have to go with Pink Floyd in this one. I love them. I like the Doors too, but I haven't heard enough of them.

15. i'm a pretty big pink floyd fan.. but havent gotten around to the doors yet..
    would anyone recommend some of their albums to me?

16. I'd have to say Pink Floyd, they are hands down my favorite band of all time. Plus I haven't heard alot of the Doors, only a few mixes my friend made and a greatest hit cd.

17. The Doors. All the way. I like pink floyd, but the doors is more my kind of music. and the doors are NOT overrated, around my area more people listen to pink floyd than anything, kinda gets tiring, i love listening to the doors, or reading morrisons poetry. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo The Doors. but its close.

at the same time, why say one is better, its so fictional to say something like that. there equel, there musicians. there both amazing.

18. I love both.

'Riders on the storm' for the win though.