Dookie

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by thc_is_good4me, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Well, I just learned (by listening) that Green Day's "Dookie" is my complete and unabriged life story, and I'm not so sure if I'm cool on that*

*Dookie is a damn sweet album, and I enjoy and respect it, but just not as a narative for my EVERYDAY

:bongin:

2. lol

i feel ya

3. :D He he..thanks for bringin me back to freshman year, man.

The social aspects sucked, but the music will never be forgotten.

~Kate

4. God, nothing frustrates me more than the lack of respect that Green Day gets these days. Fucking retards with Belle and Sebastian invading their brains all damn day. So Billie wants to wear a little make-up and make some damn money, I mean, do you blame him? Christ, if you'd been playing pop-punk for 20 years you'd probably be about ready for some 14 year old girls to start screaming your name, too.

I'm not saying anyone has displayed my opposite viewpoint here, just letting it out.

5. that brings me back, love that album, im not that big of a fan of thier new cd, its really good but i liked their sound when they were more simple, nimrod, insomniac and dookie are my favs

6. couldn't have put it better myself.

7. dookie is one of if not the best album to come out in a loooong time.

haha, i think its most high schoolers life story in suburban north america.

8. Dookie-great. American Idiot-not so much. I have always hated it when bands let politics just totally take over their music. Of course, every band has its political views and maybe makes a couple songs about it. But, a whole freaking album just to trash our president? The songs are pretty retched anyway. And oh yeah, Bush won anyway. I don't really like him, but how far is too far? And just how much should a band let their politics influence their music? Green Day needs limits-common sense.

Sorry to take over your thread with that American Idiot rant, but yeah Dookie is great. It just got me thinking about their newest album.

9. I remember listening to that long times ago. I liked nimrod, after that I didnt really follow them.