Don't worry about making mistakes!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Getting upset about mistakes you have made is totally counterproductive. The goal is to learn what you must and live in a good way. By getting upset about mistakes we have made in the past we taint this moment. We are further from our purpose. Of course, that doesn't give you an excuse to act badly. That too takes you further from your purpose. But enjoy life! Live and learn. Don't dwell.

2. if you just brush off your mistakes, saying "oh, well now i know" without even getting upset then you must not have been very passionate about what it is you were doing. i think its good for you to feel the impact of failure from your mistakes, nothing educates like pain.

3. ^this. I learn from my mistakes because they sucked, and I don't want to go through the same kind of things again.

4. He doesn't say not to learn, he says not to dwell. I might amend that by saying don't dwell longer than it takes to learn.

5. no one was trying to say he didnt. he says not to get upset with your mistakes (that would be counterproductive appearently) while at the same time you should learn from them. im saying how else can you learn if you dont allow yourself to be affected by your failure. you have to be completely disinterested if you dont get frustrated when something youre working on ends up blowing up in your face.

6. When you are upset and reacting, you are vulnerable to the entire range of psychological defense mechanisms, which won't help you learn anything but will help you deflect your anger onto something else (which won't help anyone).

Realize your error, accept your immediate reaction but don't dwell on it, and then put it aside, accept responsibility and commit to understanding the error and avoiding it in the future.

7. when did i say any different? i said realize your mistake, accept the failure, and learn from it. i never said dwell on your mistakes

8. Okay, you win.