Don't want to live with parents

Discussion in 'General' started by supernub, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I hate living with my parents, especially my dad. I mean I am 18 and he still doesn't let me go out past 12. But I still do anyway. Plus that, he barely let me go out. I have a license, but he doesn't let me drive. wtf?! And plus, he want me out too. And I want to go out.
    I know for some of you its not much to complain about, but there are more worst things that run in my family, which I don't want to talk about. Plus my family is kinda corrupted.
    I have no money, no car, no job, no place to stay. It is probably the worse decision to move out, but is it possible?

So my question is, how many of you moved out, and at what age?
    Have any of your parents ever kicked you out?
    How do you take care of yourself?
    How about the military, do they take care of you? As in Active Duty, do you have a place to stay and stuff and all that?

2. I'm 18 and i still live at home. my mom threatened to commit suicide if i moved out....yeah i know, fucked up right.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4sSZc2WCU]YouTube - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Understand[/ame]

4. Well I think you ought to ATLEAST secure a job. I mean, save some money up, then go rent out a studio apartment.

5. Be employable or you'll end up right back at home.
    Trust me.

6. OKAY SO GET A JOB SO YOU CAN GET SOME MONEY SO YOU CAN GET A PLACE AND A CAR...:rolleyes:

7. Find a roommate and an apartment. Look for one within walking distance of someplace you can work. Then call the utility companies and ask what the average bills are for that address. Figure out what it's gonna cost you per month w/ electricity and all, then factor about 100 o so a week for groceries and cigarettes and all. If you can consistently earn and manage that money and those bills, then you're free and independent. It's alot easier than it might seem at your age, but don't think that because you get out of your parent's place that life will be stress free. It'll just be a different kind of stress, the kind you feel better about yourself when you learn to handle your own shit. You can probably do it. Maybe throw in another roommate if it's too much. If you move to the country, you could start a grow operation even.

8. craigslist is your friend.
    Jobs, roommates, etc.

9. military is not a perfect option. yes they take car of you. they give you room and board for free. all you need to do is make sure its clean every week when they do inspection. you will have to do random piss tests.

and just a side note, you will have to put your life on the line. but you get free health care for the rest of your life if you complete your contract. you will get to shoot guns and shit. if you have a highschool diploma then the air force will take you as long as you score a 29 on your ASVAB test at the MEPS station in your city. and thats not hard. i scored an 86 out of 99.

its all math and logic related. to test your mental capacity and see if you can understand simple things.

but its a great experience, i went in the marines and came out with a leg wound. and they fucked me over. now i dont get much but a small check every 3 months. thats why i suggest doing the air force cuz its for smartish people and not hard to do physically.

when in basic training they just make you ride a bike for a few miles and do a few things here and there. sure its hard but its like 6 weeks so suck it up.

but if you really want to get out but have no job, just do that and youll be set for like 5 years, then you will get out and have a good skill for a future career. plus it will put some hair on your chest.