Don't vote

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 506764, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Identifying and removing corruption and undue influence from our political system which isn't too realistic given how much influence the powers that be have over people's thoughts and feelings. They control the media which means they control information which means the narrative you see playing out on the news is one designed to keep the masses distracted from what's really going on.

A revolution isn't realistic either with the current quality of life we enjoy in the first world. Things would have to get a lot worse before myself and enough other people would be driven to overthrow the government. I'm just going to enjoy my short time I have here on Earth and not worry myself too much about the fact that as a species we're headed to certain ruin. Right now that appears to be far off, if it starts getting into closer view I'll change my tune.

2. In Capitalist America, the economy runs the government.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. There's plenty of independent media out there. You're falling into this trap of thinking that you're the only person cognizant of things like corruption. That's not true, especially with the internet. You don't have to look very hard to find counter-culture views. Hell, this forum here is a great example of that.

Sure, the societies we've built aren't perfect, but you said it yourself, you actually have it pretty good, you're not really that motivated to scrap the whole system. And if you want to work on improving the system, the last thing you should be doing is disengaging from it. That's my whole point.

4. Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

-Homer Simpson

5. I know I'm not the only one but I recognize that the odds of getting enough people to wake up to make actual change is extremely unlikely. I could spend my time trying to push the boulder up the hill or I could just say "fuck it, how bad can it get?" and then work on doing the best I can for myself in a flawed system.

6. I strongly disagree.

See, i come from the hood, where homeless people are murdered by police and thrown in dumpsters, where extremely mentally sick people, who need help, are thrown into the streets with no idea where they even are.

We dont have it nice. You may. But we dont.

The United States is a third world country that happens to have nice things.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1418173/

lovin u

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is what pissed me off about Gary Johnson getting shit for not knowing the name of that city in Syria. Who the fuck cares? How about Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Chicago, etc. We have so much that needs to be fixed in this country I don't see why we're trying to go around helping all these countries outside the US.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I dont think anything needs to be fixed. The whole system is not sustainable.

Theres shit in the brownies yo. You gonna pick the shit out, or are you gonna make a new batch of brownies?

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1418173/

lovin u

• Like Like x 1
  9. What are you proposing?

10. Where do you live in the States? Whatever the answer, if you look at standard of living measurements, you're still lucky to be born in America. You've got internet, you have a roof over your head, you have food, you have civil rights. Being poor in America still makes you better off than 99.9% of humanity that ever existed.

Poor Americans today have better standards of living than the rulers of the empires just a century ago. So when you put it in perspective, yeah you probably do have it relatively nice.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I missed the deadline for voter registration. Only thing I'm pissed about is I can't vote against the $2 tax on tobacco products. Fuck that shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Better not come to Canada then, the cheapest pack of smokes you can buy is like 12 bucks here because of tax. Unless you're Native that is.

13. No system obviously. You've been tricked into thinking a system for controlling people is necessary. the powers that be have you right where they want you bud.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. So you're an anarchist then? You think no system of government is better than what we have now?

15. I believe in personal sovereignty for all and that government naturally infringes on that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  16. So you just straight up reject the idea that people should be subject to laws at all?

I mean, the system isn't perfect, so let's not bother with concepts like law, justice, or social organization at all?

17. Actually George Carlin had it right. Lets play devil's advocate and say that votes do count and you vote in someone who totally fucks everything up. What right would you have to complain about someone that YOU helped put into office? You would be one of the people to blame for what's going on.

• Like Like x 2