Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dont understand the hype about Purp...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BluntsOrDie, Mar 11, 2012.

1. i personally would never even buy an ounce of anything just because it is so expensive in the east coast.. but with purp the only reason its so over rated is because of rappers.. the purp ive had really doesnt even compare to some of the lighter buds ive ever had.

2. purp is awesome because most weed is just green and the average person gives a little more aesthetic value to the purple

3. You must not be gangsta. All the gangstas love dem purps my nig

4. ....because theyre idiots.

5. Chill bro i was just kidding :rolleyes:

6. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']

....because theyre idiots.[/quote]

Lol :)

7. I don't know man I've had some nice purple strains. Granddaddy/Purple Sour D/Purple Erkle/Blackberry and a bunch of unknown purples. Usually purple indicas just knock you out but I really liked the Purple Sour D. Only had it once. It was niiiiiiceee.

8. had a chance to pick up a oz some pale purple stuff it was covered in Trichomes 150 for oz but i only had enough for half, but i tried it out. i was gone after 4 hits, i was vibrating lol

9. A strong Indica will do that. hahha.

10. My 2cents is because people like Lil-Wayne, Wiz khalifa and a bunch of 'popular' rappers only talk about it, so people who try and say they smoke weed to be 'cool' only talk about popular strains like OG Kush and Purp and etc.

I hate those people...

11. Even those rappers are trying to be "cool." The only reason they mention strains like OG kush, and say "purp" is to sound like they smoke so much they know what they are talking about. Or to sound like they smoke medical, which im sure they do, but I know for a fact that I know more about Cannabis then all the rappers combined. Not trying to brag.

12. The Reason There is a hype about purp is because its a strong indica and indicas give you a strong body and head high so you feel so fuckin ripped

13. I blame it on music. All the rappers talk about purp a lot and it doesn't really mean anything, just the plant was grown in harsh weather or dark lights.
    Who runs the music industry? Illuminati . I think that purple is illuminati favorite color and it is just an subliminal message.
    So he is the food chain
    Illuminati <--- Media (MTV BET Radio station) <----- Brainwashed People

14. Yeah, a lot of people think Purple weed is the best because of what the rappers talk about. I don't really like purple strains that much as they tend to be Indica and I like my Sativas.

15. Wouldnt that be green since the infamous all seeing eye is almost always green?(dollar bill most famous example)i use to buy into that illuminati bullshit but honestly u think the illuminati wants people to smoke purple weed? that makes no sense

16. #36 CheebaCharles, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Obviously you haven't been smoking real purp or else you would better understand the hype around it. Like most popular strains, purp is no different in the fact that it's popular for a reason. Not just because "rappers talk about it", but because it's universally recognized as a great indica dominant strain. You can't deny its potency, even if it isn't your preference. It gives you that strong indica body high in a way that few strains can compete with. I'm not saying it's the greatest strain ever, but it's definitely one of my personal favorites. But then again, I tend to prefer indicas.

17. The best weed I ever had was Purple Kush
    buds were dark purple, frosty and had a spiky structure to the buds, smelt and tasted great
    :smoking:

18. There's hype, but there IS really fire purple nug weed with crystals all fucking OVER. You juss gotta find it, it ain't that hard around the Bay Area if you know where to look.

19. saying theres fire purple nug is just saying theres fire nug. There are just as potent indicas that aren't purple; it's just a color. Purple is associated with royalty - and it's one of the rarest colors in nature.. It has a natural allure. But, it's mostly just hype, I prefer sativas anyways :smoking:

20. [quote name='"n00bslayer06"']idk im a heavy smoker, smoke like 4-5 g cuz i like to actually get the hallucinogen part of the weed at one session. But when my dealer got some purp he was talkin all hyp and stuff... i tride the shit out, ive never had anything more sticky and i got as high as i do with 3-5g on 0.5g it was pretty crazy. its a shame i got arrested that night lol[/quote]

Sounds more like smoking shit and then getting decent bud and not take 4-5g thats silly